Hi-ho Silver, away!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

winjim

Smash the cistern
Yesterday evening I saw the Lone Ranger and Tonto furiously pedalling a tandem round Poole harbour.

I can only assume it was some sort of charity ride... or do they always go out dressed like that?

w00hoo_kent

One of the 64K
I really hope that they always do it. And that just before they decide to ride they merely look at each other, say "it is the time" and then each disappear in to their own private booth, coming out fully masked up and ready to ride.

On the charity ride note, there were in excess of 80 bikes going out through Welling yesterday morning, I'm not sure whose idea it was to start a mass ride in London traffic at 8am but I'm sure they had their reasons. Initially a peloton of around 20 whizzed past, then as I did Shooters Hill pockets of bikes were coming down it, and climbing up it. A fair mix of stuff (well, hybrids and racers) mostly riding light although some ruck sacks and one guy who looked equipped to climb Everest.

Bobby Mhor

Wasn't born to follow
LR Tonto.jpg

D

Deleted member 1258

That pictures a blast from the past, my parents had just brought their first TV, The Lone Ranger Saturday tea time, then Dixon Of Dock Green followed by The Billy Cotton Band Show. Now I'm showing my age. :blush:

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
We landed in GB in 1961 as poor Irish immigrants. There were very few televisions in Ireland at the time and I'd only ever seen one in a shop window. We stayed at my aunts in London for a few weeks and The Lone Ranger was the first TV programme I ever watched.

Top Bottom