Hi! Joined to find a GPX map for the NC500 (with elevation/climbs)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jwynne

Hi!
I joined CycleChat to try and find a GPX map for the NC500 (showing elevation/climbs).
Cheers,
John

ANT 666

Trying to re member
Gday John:hello: I only use real maps.

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
Like what he said... :rolleyes:

Attachments

• North-Coast-500.gpx
    712.9 KB · Views: 242

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
And here is the profile of the route! (I have done it in metric and imperial units.)

NC500 profile metric.gif

NC500 profile imperial.gif

The big beast at about 75 miles (120 km) is Bealach na Ba. A friend who is quite fit did a loop over the pass and found that a very hard climb. The coastal section after Applecross is also strenuous, but he told me that it was one of the best rides he has ever done.

Have fun ... :okay:

Oh, amd welcome to CycleChat!

For a long route in Scotland that profile seems fairly inviting - not anywhere near as hard as I thought it would be. On the OS map the route looks wonderful.

I haven't got a map for you, but I have written two NC500 cycling blogs on the official NC500 web site; June 2016 giving road safety advice about level crossings and single track roads and August 2016 about the cycle shops and repair options on the route with some tips about the Bealach na Ba...and the next one will be detail a cyclist's NC500 route avoiding the A9. Hope this information will be useful to you! Please share to let it be more widely known that this information is out there and readily available to anyone thinking about cycling the NC500 or anywhere in the North Highlands. Thanks.

Top Bottom