hi my name is val

Discussion in 'Beginners' started by val knight, 1 Aug 2012.

1. val knight

val knight New Member

hi i try and do alot of cycling around weybridge at least three times a week how often do you think i should cycle

2. Brommyboy

Brommyboy Über Member

Why not cycle every day? It gets you fit and accustoms you to different weather!

BrumJim likes this.
  3. Sandra6

Sandra6 Veteran

As often as you feel like it.

summerdays and Pat "5mph" like this.
  4. Maylian

Maylian Senior Member

^ This. Get out on the bike as much as you like, the more you do the more you'll want to do it seems.

5. ianrauk

ianrauk Tattooed Beat Messiah

Get on bike and ride... simples

Welcome to Cycle Chat

6. Pat "5mph"

Pat "5mph" A kilogrammicaly challenged woman Moderator

That's it. :welcome: Val!

7. Berties

Berties Fast and careful!

Welcome along to cycle chat,cycle as you feel like it,and build up time in the saddle and distance as you feel ready

8. terry_gardener

terry_gardener Über Member

welcome to the forum. I cycle about the same as you about 3 times a week but I am unfit.

9. TonyEnjoyD

TonyEnjoyD Veteran

Welcome aboard

10. Risex4

Risex4 Dropped by the autobus

Listen to the body and go as often as you want; want being the operative word. Subscribing to "should dos" is a sure fire way to turn cycling into a chore.

Plus, dont be afraid to adapt your ride on the hoof. I've lost count of the number of times I've been "up" for a ride, set out for a decent stint, but after a few miles realised that I probably wasn't as up for it as I thought and a planned 50 turned into a leisurely 5. Equally theres been times when I've thought I cant be bothered to put in much of a shift, I'll just spin the legs for a few miles to get some fresh air, but once in the saddle felt so comfortable that the opposite happens.

lavoisier likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice