Hi, new job, new city & getting back in the saddle

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

heppy

Regular
Hi all,

I am from Hull originally yet have lived down south for a number of years but managed to move back a couple of years ago. In December I got a new job which meant during the autumn/winter/spring months being based out of the offices in Manchesters Northern Quarter so have decided to stay over during the week in Manchester and travel back to and from Hull on the train on a Monday and Friday.

This would mean that I had the chance to get back on two wheels and commute to work:rolleyes:and across the pennines albeit in a train carriage for the weekends at home.

I have just ordered a 2012 Sirrus Comp with all the commuter trimmings as this is for the money the nearest I could get to a road bike that I was happy with. My plan after this summer is to get a true road bike so I can then have N+1 but get myself back into the swing of things on the Sirrus Comp initially. My commute is only a round trip of 8 miles but as we move into Spring I can always extend the route.

Anyway there's a little about me and why I am here on the forum and look forward to getting some answers form you all to the many questions I am sure to be asking.

Thanks for reading

Darren

Good luck with the new regime and welcome

Part time cyclist

Über Member
Hi and welcome to the forum, I have a 2011 Sirrus seriously the best bike I have ever riden I have just carried out some little mods to improve this already excellent bike, I am sure you will enjoy riding your Sirrus

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
I have just ordered a 2012 Sirrus Comp with all the commuter trimmings as this is for the money the nearest I could get to a road bike that I was happy with.

Good choice, sounds ideal for the ride you'll be doing. May it give you much happiness!

d.

skudupnorth

Cycling Skoda lover
Welcome to the site,i use a 2008 Sirrus Elite for everything and it does not fail me one bit .....even rode 400+ miles to Cornwall fully loaded with camping kit on it !

Top Bottom