Hi New Member - Dumbarton

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tomba

Hi,

Just joined the forum :smile:

My employer just offered the workers a cycle to work scheme bike so decided to get one (Ridgeback Velocity Hybrid).

Getting into it and liking it and thought i'd join a forum for some tips, info and help.

Already done a few 15s and a 20 miler. Planning to do 30ish tomorrow weather permitting.

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
:wacko:Well strike me down with a feather! I'm from Dumbarton too!

Welcome my fellow sufferer!

OP
OP
T

Tomba

Thanks for that Mad Doug :smile:

I'm thinking it might be a good idea to join a club, to find out routes, learn some maintenance, etc.
Only ones i've seen in the area are kind of serious competitive racing clubs. That kind of puts me off :sad:

Know of any that would suit a beginner?

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
I sent Tomba a PM last night, but I'm not a member of any clubs, so does anyone else know of a club in the Glasgow area that would suit him??

I know little about the local one, Lomond Wheelers (I think).

edindave

Über Member
Hello Tomba, you're fairly building the miles up there :smile:
Plenty of good routes to be found in your next of the country!

Hopefully see you on a CC Ecosse meet sometime
thumbsup.png

OP
OP
T

Tomba

Hiya :hello:

Mr Ridley goes on CTC rides they are usually a less competitive bunch, over here in the east the local cycling campaign do a lot of friendly relaxed rides, perhaps their Glasgow equivalent (Go Bike) can point you in the right direction.

Thanks HLaB, i'll have a look at the CTC rides :smile:

Hello Tomba, you're fairly building the miles up there :smile:
Plenty of good routes to be found in your next of the country!

Hopefully see you on a CC Ecosse meet sometime
thumbsup.png

Cheers Dave, yes fortunate to have Loch Lomond on my door step. Had a nice ride up to Luss then ferry across to Balmaha and back to Dumbarton. Think i'll be doing that again, maybe go to Tarbet and then ferry across to Rowardennan.

Hello Tomba,
Welcome to the forums, you could try the local Glasgow CTC rides or as been said,the monthly Go Bike ride from the Bells Bridge, both these groups have easy paced rides.

Thanks Fokker, i'll look in to them :smile:

Top Bottom