Hi. New member here. Corsa Strada help needed

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

daved1952

I bought a Corsa Strada in the early 70s and used it to commute to college and work in the Rochdale and Manchester areas but I’m afraid to admit that I stopped using it in 1979 and it’s been in the garage ever since. A friend used it to ride in a vintage bike event in 2019 so the tyres were replaced. It’s been fascinating reading on here about Corsairs and Stradas but none of the pics have full chrome forks whereas mine has. Also mine doesn’t have the ‘Strada’ decal on the crossbar, just in fancy writing on the end of the crossbar. Could it be that mine was a ‘one off’ or just one of those things? I don’t think I’m allowed to attach pics yet being a new member. Dave

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
@daved1952 just keep replying to comments and then you can post some pictures

midlife

Guru
Sounds like a nice bike :smile:. I started working in a bike shop about 1974 and I think the Corsa Strada had been discontinued by then.

Came across a few the early one had fancy Capella lugs and the later Crespera lugs I think. Memory is a bit i hazy though lol.

OP
OP
D

daved1952

Sounds like a nice bike :smile:. I started working in a bike shop about 1974 and I think the Corsa Strada had been discontinued by then.

Came across a few the early one had fancy Capella lugs and the later Crespera lugs I think. Memory is a bit i hazy though lol.
Thanks, that’s good to know. I think I bought it just after my 18th in 1970. I don’t know the difference between the two types of lugs. I’ve put it on eBay but probably over priced it.

OP
OP
D

daved1952

I’ve just had a look at some pics and mine looks as though it has Crespera lugs

OP
OP
D

daved1952

DCDDAEC3-581C-49A2-8771-0B7DC8A3B198.jpeg

Top Bottom