Hi - Newbie from Stirling

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Joey Shabadoo

My pronouns are "He", "Him" and "buggerlugs"
Hiya, just joined the site having seen it mentioned on a football forum. I'm fairly new to cycling, being a mid 40s guy who started on a cheap mountain bike last year, moved up to a Secteur and I'm now awaiting delivery of a brilliant looking Tricross in time for my second go at the Pedal for Scotland Challenge ride.

Hoping to pick up general tips and guidance on good routes to take my new multi terrain bike on.

Nihal

Veteran
:welcome:

Fubar

Guru
Hi swl and :welcome: from Dunfermline. There is a Round the Forth ride going on 15 September, have a look in the CC Informal Rides section - all welcome! Regards, Mark

OP
OP
Joey Shabadoo

Joey Shabadoo

Last year was my first PfS and it was a blast. I'd never been on an organised run before so the closed roads, stewards and waystations were all new to me. Pity I never actually stopped until the last one before discovering they were giving away free chocolate! Best bit was sweeping into Murrayfield Stadium and crossing the finishing line.

Hiya fae 360odd miles south of the Kingdom :hello:

tug benson

Survived the Tour O the borders 2013
welcome from alloa....stirling you say, isn`t great having sheriffmuir and the campsies on our door step?

Col5632

Guru
:welcome: to the site from Dunfermline, PFS is good day out, once you get the bug you will be wanting to do routes with more hills and for longer :laugh:

OP
OP
Joey Shabadoo

Joey Shabadoo

Problem with Sherrifmuir of course is it involves a lot of "up" and some very scary "down" ^_^

Top Bottom