Hi. Newbie (from Warrington, Cheshire)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

NormanD

Lunatic Asylum Escapee
Welcome to the mad mouse Dave :crazy:

OP
OP
Dave7

Dave7

Legendary Member
Trans Penine?
Welcome from South Manchester :hello:
Some weeks ago I "discovered" the Penine Way-Moore direction......on my doorstep but I've never been on it before. Joined at Woolston, forked off at Walton and through to the nature reserve....looking forward to doing it again if it ever gets dry.

OP
OP
Dave7

Dave7

Legendary Member
Welcome Dave,only down the East Lancs at Astley.Rode up to Moore myself before Christmas along the Trans Pennine,good nature reserve there.Come out on the forum rides,we do slow with cake stops !

How do I find out about the CC Rides........I have looked at the section for CC Informal rides & Calendar but there didn't seem to be anything local to this area.
How are they organised ?
Any details of future or previous one ?
Thanks

skudupnorth

Cycling Skoda lover
How do I find out about the CC Rides........I have looked at the section for CC Informal rides & Calendar but there didn't seem to be anything local to this area.
How are they organised ?
Any details of future or previous one ?
Thanks
The "local" ones i have done are either over the Peaks to Buxton or Colin J's wondeful runs from Hebden Bridge to Waddington and back.We did a nice run from Stockport to Jodrel Bank later last year which was fixie friendly (flat !) Some CC'ers drive to the start or you could ride from where you live......normally my way of getting there but you get called lots of names like NUTTER ! They normally start getting listed from early on in the year once everyone has got the Christmas feeling over and spring starts kicking in.
The rides are very good and i really enjoy the group which i thought i would not after many years of riding solo.We all wait for slower riders and never shoot off leaving anyone behind,all good fun with standard issue cake or ice scream stops along the way !

OP
OP
Dave7

Dave7

Legendary Member
The "local" ones i have done are either over the Peaks to Buxton

We did a nice run from Stockport to Jodrel Bank later last year which was fixie friendly (flat !)

We all wait for slower riders and never shoot off leaving anyone behind,all good fun with standard issue cake or ice scream stops along the way !

Peaks to Buxton:ohmy: sounds very hilly!!!!!! You say you wait for slower riders but I can't see you waitng a week for me!
How far (approx) is Stockport to Jodrel Bank ?

potsy

Rambler
Peaks to Buxton:ohmy: sounds very hilly!!!!!! You say you wait for slower riders but I can't see you waitng a week for me!
How far (approx) is Stockport to Jodrel Bank ?
We made it about 55 miles, probably average 13-15 mph, this was a fairly flat ride, some of the Hebden bridge ones are hilly and tough, but they are slower as not all of us are fit :whistle:

Top Bottom