Hi Norm

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rovers1875

Veteran
"Well Norm" you put a spanner in my plans, I had pretty much set my mind on the Giant Defy 3 and hadn't considered the Specialized Allez or Secteur so I went and had a look at them at Leisure Lakes Bikes in Bury. And fell in lust with both, so I went for comfort and ordered a Secteur sport (pick it up next week) So if its half as good as it looked and felt "many thanks" and I'll let you all know how I get on with it over the next few weeks.

Norm

:ohmy:

Hahaha, another one up your end, Potsy? I really should get commission! :eek: I'd be nervous recommending them if they weren't such good bikes. xx(

I've recently started a 9 mile commute on mine, I could barely stand when I got home this evening but that's because I'm a slob at heart. A litre of water and a shower and I'm feeling good to go. I've never had an ache from the riding.

Just be grateful I didn't mention any of the cyclo-cross options. :eek:

HaloJ

Rabid cycle nut
Norm said:
Just be grateful I didn't mention any of the cyclo-cross options. :eek:

That's for when winter comes. :ohmy:

Congratulations on the Secteur. I'm also an owner of the sport and came to them in a round about way via Norm after reading him raving about Tricross. I'm sure he's on commission. :eek:

Abs

Norm

Yeah, like you are complaining about your scoot, eh, Halo. :eek: And who gets the commission when the Klingon gets one too. :ohmy:

HaloJ

Rabid cycle nut
Norm said:
Yeah, like you are complaining about your scoot, eh, Halo. :biggrin: And who gets the commission when the Klingon gets one too. :smile:

I'll split it with ya! :smile:

No complaints from me. :biggrin: Utterly love the bike but it needs a bloody good clean this weekend due to the recent rain throwing road dust up.

I'm rather impressed with the 105 brake blocks and I'm waiting on the calipers. Found the stock blocks created a lot of brake dust although I've been making a concerted effort to use the rear brake more and dabbing the front if necessary.

Abs

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
It's amazing at how shitty the stock brakes on the Secteur are. As proven when we swapped bikes in Hyde Park. I had forgotten at how bad they are.

HaloJ said:

No complaints from me. :smile: Utterly love the bike but it needs a bloody good clean this weekend due to the recent rain throwing road dust up.

I'm rather impressed with the 105 brake blocks and I'm waiting on the calipers. Found the stock blocks created a lot of brake dust although I've been making a concerted effort to use the rear brake more and dabbing the front if necessary.

Abs

Martok

Klingon on a bike
Norm said:
Yeah, like you are complaining about your scoot, eh, Halo. :biggrin: And who gets the commission when the Klingon gets one too. :biggrin:

HaloJ said:

Don't count your chickens, I may not bother and stick with my fat Trek 7200 instead. :tongue:

Norm

So, you reckon you are going to take a test ride on a Secteur Elite and then go back to your Trek 7200.

I know Klingons are not gifted with intelligence but, please, have a word with yourself. :biggrin:

Want to do another Coy Carp run and I'll come on my tweaked Secteur this time? :smile: It'll stop Abs from cleaning her bike again. :tongue:

Martok

Klingon on a bike
Intelligence has nothing to do with it, I might have a touch of Ferengi in me and therefore be thrifty. :biggrin:

Yep, I'd be up for another Coy Carp run sometime. Who needs a fancy Secteur to get speed down that hill from Harefield when the weight of the Trek 7200 will get me to terminal velocity?! :rolleyes:

potsy

Rambler
Norm said:
:rolleyes:

Hahaha, another one up your end, Potsy?
Guessing he's Blackburn based with the username,more Lancashire than Manchester. More commission norm?:biggrin:
ianrauk said:
It's amazing at how shitty the stock brakes on the Secteur are. As proven when we swapped bikes in Hyde Park. I had forgotten at how bad they are.
I changed my front pad for a Tiagra one but am still running the original rear brake pad after almost 2000 miles,I hardly ever use the back one.
Will probably upgrade my brakes soon,was thinking Tiagra but that might not be much of an upgrade so will go 105 I think.
Is it worth changing the cassette from Tiagra to Ultegra once it wears out,Tiagra about £19 where as Ultegra is £35ish,guess it would be mainly slight weight saving?

OP
OP
rovers1875

rovers1875

Veteran
ianrauk said:

Am I missing something? I've now been riding the Sectuer fow a couple of months now, and I think the stock brakes are ace (obviously not much to compare against) they seem to stop really quickly, even in the wet. Is there really that much difference in other systems, that would make it worth changing?

Top Bottom