hi, please read!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rugbyluke

hi everyone, im new to proper cycling and hopeing to buy my 1st decent bike end of next month :smile: . im having trouble finding a road bike that has good reviews for £300, so any ideas will be great. im 23 and live in gosport next to portsmouth, i first thought about a proper bike because my best friend is in the french foreign legion and it costs so much to go see him by public transport, and because im joining the british army myself it would be a great workout for me. im also a biker with an aprilia rsv1000. i cant wait to start clocking up the miles on my new bike. any pointers on a bike for £300ish please help!!! oh yeah, i also play rugby

C

chillyuk

hi everyone, im new to proper cycling and hopeing to buy my 1st decent bike end of next month :smile: . im having trouble finding a road bike that has good reviews for £300, so any ideas will be great. im 23 and live in gosport next to portsmouth, i first thought about a proper bike because my best friend is in the french foreign legion and it costs so much to go see him by public transport, and because im joining the british army myself it would be a great workout for me. im also a biker with an aprilia rsv1000. i cant wait to start clocking up the miles on my new bike. any pointers on a bike for £300ish please help!!! oh yeah, i also play rugby

I'm a former Legionnaire so would be interested to know where your friend is based.

C

chillyuk

hes based in nice, just passed his sniper course......nutter:smile:

Hell of a long way to go by bike.

You need to learn to travel on the French railways down to Marseille without paying, but don't try it on the TGV!

OP
OP
rugbyluke

rugbyluke

Hell of a long way to go by bike.

You need to learn to travel on the French railways down to Marseille without paying, but don't try it on the TGV!

he meets me in paris so not too bad still a long way tho, what port is the closest to paris?

nosherduke996

he meets me in paris so not too bad still a long way tho, what port is the closest to paris?

I would sell the Aprillia and you could get yourself something really special. I sold my Ducati 996 and bought a Cannondale carbon six and havn,t regreted a single moment.
Its nice to go out without looking over your shoulder for old bill all of the time, and you know that you will be getting home in one peice.

bauldbairn

[QUOTE 1137830"]
How far are you from a Decathlon store? That's your best bet.
[/quote]

+1, many CCers have recommended bikes from Decathlon.

Hello rugbyluke and Welcome to the CC forums. :smile:

Top Bottom