Hi there from sunny Ascot

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

wildjetskier

Well not exactly sunny but here's hoping. Just got back into cycling after many years out. Look forward to contributing on the forum, must say a wealth of experience on here. Thank and atb Jez

Welcome to the forum. Lilolee and Norm will be along in a minute, to get you out and about! :smile:

Norm

Hey, Jez, welcome. I was born in Ascot and I cycled over there to visit mum in Heatherwood last weekend (anything to beat the ridiculous parking charges :biggrin: ) but I've moved a few miles north to Windsor.

I was working in Bracknell up to last Friday, so I regularly cycled through Winkfield and North Ascot, and I have been known to throw myself at the scenery in Swinley if you are of the muddy persuasion. :thumbsup:

OP
OP
wildjetskier

wildjetskier

Thanks for the replies. You must cycle past my house Norm as I live in N Ascot (Kennel Ride) to be exact.......small world hopefully meet up and I hope your Mum makes a full recovery

ATB Jez

Rebel Ian

Hi there, I'm from the dark side.........the other side of the M4! We started a bit of a group of us going out the first Sunday each month. Lilolee organised the first route. I think we're due another on 7th August so you're welcome to come along.

OP
OP
wildjetskier

wildjetskier

Hi Ian, thanks for the offer will defo take you up on it once I have my level of fitness up a bit!!!!! Where are you from apart from the dark side.................

Norm

Thanks for the replies. You must cycle past my house Norm as I live in N Ascot (Kennel Ride) to be exact.......small world hopefully meet up and I hope your Mum makes a full recovery

ATB Jez
Ha! I did indeed go along Kennel Ride rather than the A332 past Papplewick. Not that there's much wrong with the main road but Kennel Ride / Burleigh Road is a lovely quiet part of the world to ride. I used to live just a bit west of you in Cheapside, but that's about a million years ago now.

Mum just had a new knee fitted, she was only in Heatherwood for a few days. Thanks,

Rebel Ian

Hi Ian, thanks for the offer will defo take you up on it once I have my level of fitness up a bit!!!!! Where are you from apart from the dark side.................

I'm in Slough but all my riding partners are snobs who have delusions of grandeur! They think Maidenhead is posh!!

lilolee

Veteran
I used to work in Gibbs House on Kennel Ride. I do love coincidences.

Ian your correct I should check out a ride for the 7th. I was thinking of doing a ride from Gerrards Cross, but if we have some new riders I could do a nice ride around Great Windsor Park and then head down to the nice house of Sunningdale and loop back to Windsor skirting Bracknell.

Nine Mile Ride is a nice uppy-downer-uppy-down isn't it, L? Going that way, or somewhere less populated by 4x4. I always liked arriving opposite Ascot - all that grandeur, followed by Smiths Lawn used to leave me all horsed out! It's lovely territory though.

lilolee

Veteran
Did that the other day. Dodgy'ish roundabout across the A3095 and I have to admit I walked the pedestrian crossing over the A322 on to New Forest Ride. That roundabout scares me when I'm in a car, and is one of the few I bottle it on when on a bike.

Yeah, Smith's Lawn, onto Windsor to wave at the Queen, if Elton's in town, and have a cake and tea.

OP
OP
wildjetskier

wildjetskier

Such a small world - Gibbs House Lee did a small refurb job there for cant remember his name but our contact was funny beardy man. Windsor great park / Smiths lawn etc sounds like a wonderful ride. Look forward to a meet ATB Jez

Mark W

I'm local'ish to Ascot, living in Datchet.

Often ride along the top of Ascot and Bracknell out towards Twyford. If anyone arranges a ride I'm up for tagging along.:thumbsup:

Rebel Ian

Looks like we could have a decent crowd for the August ride. I'm not in training now though Lee, so you can cut out some of the hills!!

Top Bottom