Hi to all,

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BewlayBrother

Rather than hover around I thought I'd register.

With a screwed knee from a childhood moment of stupidity nearly 50 years ago, battling gout and arthritis sneaking up, the only exercise I can do is cycling as it avoids the impact of walking and running. Lockdown has not helped the battle to control weight just to add to the fun.

I'm lucky to have a cycle route parallel to the A2 in Kent that means I can avoid any road traffic so that allows me to ride safe(r). I try to get out 2-3 times a week, I would love to do more but I need some recovery space and wearing knee braces in this heat is a b!tch.

I'm fairly hands on mechanically and have even built my own truing jig as I needed to re-spoke a wheel for a friend.

Hope to enjoy my time here.

Sharky

Guru
Welcome to cycle chat.

Traffic can be a bit frightening, but after a while you get used to it.
If you are in the Gravesend/Higham areas, if you venture out to Grain, there are some very quiet roads around.

Good luck

Teamfixed

Tim Lewis
Welcome
As Sharky says, Northish Kent has a great network of minor roads mainly due to having such an abundance of main roads.
Edit: minor roads that are pretty traffic free I meant to say

Last edited:
OP
OP
BewlayBrother

BewlayBrother

Thanks for the welcomes.

I am indeed in that area however my ability to go that far out (well it is to me!) makes that journey not possible until I can get some riding comfort problems sorted. And even then I'll aim it for an early Sunday jaunt when most of the idiots will be asleep.

Top Bottom