Hi Viz/Waterproof backpack cover advice needed

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SuperHans123

Formerly known as snertos999
Budget of around £20.
Would prefer waterproof but reflectivity more important.
Any suggestions?

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
See a fair few Hump Hi-Viz rucksack covers on my commute.
Have a quick google for prices.

OP
OP
SuperHans123

SuperHans123

See a fair few Hump Hi-Viz rucksack covers on my commute.
Have a quick google for prices.
I read that they weren't that waterproof and the hi viz elements in the rear are not the best. I also have seen loads of people with these.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Those covers are a con for reflectivity and fluorescence as after a few soakings, they start losing their oomph! :cursing:

For waterproofing, you're better off with hiking covers which are much cheaper. Put the saving towards reflective tape and lights that are £10 better than you would have got.

AnthonyC

Regular
If you go off road with it, I wouldn't recommend taking the cheap options. As it will need frequent washing, and the cheap ones wear very quickly. Did you have a look at the Endura Luminite Backpack Cover Hi-Viz yellow? Even comes with a built in LED light for enhanced visibility.

OP
OP
SuperHans123

SuperHans123

If you go off road with it, I wouldn't recommend taking the cheap options. As it will need frequent washing, and the cheap ones wear very quickly. Did you have a look at the Endura Luminite Backpack Cover Hi-Viz yellow? Even comes with a built in LED light for enhanced visibility.
I don't go off road. Cycle tracks and some roads. The BTR one I got is excellent.

Top Bottom