Hi ya from North Devon

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

colin jones

just thought id say hello only been cycling for about eight weeks and loving it
last year after talking to a friend of mine who had literally completed the coast to coast ride as i was walking the dog after congratulating her and asking about the event she asked if i was going to do it next year??? needing an excuse to shift a a few pounds a wanting to do something for the hospice which done so much for my family that year i decided to sign myself up for the coast to coast charity ride..
i took the plunge and bought myself my first proper bike a specialized tricross which i love to bits which caught my eye when shopping for a flat hybrid type bike about eight weeks ago after the first ride of about six mile nearly killed me im now managing up to nearly 40 mile and still feeling ive got a bit left in me im getting out about 3 times a week and really noticing a change in myself even buying Lycra 2 months ago you couldn't pay enough to put them on

thinking for trying some clipless pedals and shoes need some advice on shoes cleats etc (got some look koe easy pedals on ebay coming) that wont break the bank as the toe clips make feet feel numb
also thinking of changing the tyres for some thing a bit faster conti gators seem to be popular but not sure want to fit 23s,25s,or28s 25s seem to be in favour at the mo as i use tarka trail as well
roads
thanks for any advice given
cheers
col

mcshroom

Bionic Subsonic
Hi Col and :welcome:

There's some lovely (if hilly) cycling country round your way (if a little lumpy) and the Tricross is a very nice bike.

I'd go for 25s or even 28s on your bike for variable surfaces. The gatorskins are good, and I like Michelin krylion carbons as well

OP
OP
C

colin jones

thanks for your reply absolutely lovin the bike didn't think id like the drops as much as i do i have to be honest i loved the look of the bike didn't realise how much i would enjoy the roads but i can still handle a bit of the rough stuff if i fancy

Part time cyclist

Über Member
Hi and welcome I use conti gator skins 28's on my specialized Sirrus but will probably go to 25's when I replace them, when is the coast to coast ride?

OP
OP
C

colin jones

Hi and welcome I use conti gator skins 28's on my specialized Sirrus but will probably go to 25's when I replace them, when is the coast to coast ride?

coast to coast the jubilee weekend on the sunday looe to barnstaple i would put up a link to the website if i new how
cheers for the info on the tyres i think ill go for 25s

ajb

Hello & welcome, where in North Devon are you ?? I'm in Bideford and we have a group that meet up every Tuesday & Thursday evening, some do the NDW-SF 10m TT on Thursday evening, and every Sunday morning, and many other days and times because of different working shifts etc. regularly get 15-18 riders turnout sometimes up to 22-25.If your interested in meeting up we'll sort something out.

OP
OP
C

colin jones

im in westward ho mate sounds good i'll get in touch soon mate when my riding buddy gets back from working away.i did see a group this evening going along bay view i was going the other way what that your group?
the thing is mate im not exactly fast i might stuggle to keep up with a group of seasoned cyclist
just one question? whats the NDW-SF 10M TT?
thanks alot for the offer

ajb

im in westward ho mate sounds good i'll get in touch soon mate when my riding buddy gets back from working away.i did see a group this evening going along bay view i was going the other way what that your group?
the thing is mate im not exactly fast i might stuggle to keep up with a group of seasoned cyclist
just one question? whats the NDW-SF 10M TT?
thanks alot for the offer

NDW-SF = North Devon Wheelers-SouthFork (Cycling club)
10M TT = 10 mile Time Trial.

Dont worry to much about your speed, Tuesdays & Thursdays do tend to be pretty fast but there are all abilities so I doubt you would be alone, Sundays are longer rides and a bit more of a "social thing"
Come along and give it a go, it really is a lot easier & faster to ride in a group once you get used to it.

Top Bottom