Hi

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

TheBobidentity

My speed is deceptive I'm slower than I look
Just to say hi :-)

Started commuting in the new year and enjoying the world of cycling, just got a long term knee injury fixed, and am enjoying getting my fitness back through cycling, nice to know there is sporting life after rugby.

Riding a mountain bike at present drooling over road bikes as they seem so smooth and efficient, thinking of a triban 3 to start with, any other suggestions also I'm 6ft approx what size of frame would anyone recommend

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
:welcome: Bob!

MrJamie

Oaf on a Bike
Welcome :cheers:

I think I read that the Triban 3 is sold out in most places, not sure how the new 3a compares, but i'm sure plenty will know on here :smile:

paul04

Über Member
Welcome to the website, I think you might struggle to get the triban 3, like Mr jamie said, they are sold out in most places, I'm not sure if you could order one online.

Biker Joe

Über Member
Hi and welcome,
To give you some sort of reference, I'm 6' 1" and my road bike is 60cm, my hybrid is 59cm both work for me with appropriate saddle and bar adjustments. But that is what suits me.
I would suggest that you go to an LBS and try a few out for size to give you a better idea.
Some people have long inside leg measurements but have a shorter torso, so requiring a shorter top tube and visa versa. So it is really better to go along and see for yourself what suits you best.
I wish you success finding your bike and happy riding.

OP
OP
TheBobidentity

TheBobidentity

Hi everyone,
thanks for the welcome and the advice, once I get a chance I will be looking round the LBS and trying out different styles and sizes.
My employer has promised a new cycle to work scheme this month so that may or may not widen my choice, if anyone has any thoughts or experience on these schemes your opinion is welcome

OP
OP
TheBobidentity

TheBobidentity

Hi Bob, I hope the knee is improving :welcome:
Hi Rocky the knee is fine rehab is going very well.
Sorry I didn't reply earlier I've been unable to get spare time till now but thanks for the welcome.

OP
OP
TheBobidentity

TheBobidentity

Once more thanks to everyone for welcoming me and apologies for my inability to respond.

I've ordered a 60" Triban 3 and am so darn excited. when I was passed for the umpteenth time today by a road bike I was able to smile in the knowledge that the playing field would level out a bit more in a couple of weeks(I'm just envious of the smoothness of the road bikes).

OP
OP
TheBobidentity

TheBobidentity

Hi Phil thanks for the welcome

can't wait to get on the new bike the sooner the better

Top Bottom