Hi

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SmP-62

I'm Smiljan Pavisic, 56 years old, architect.

I live in Slovenia (small EU country between Italy, Austria and Croatia ... just in case ... :smile: ).

As cyclist I'm a climber, with 170cm and 59kg just right for that.

Begin cycling in my student days (few Pinarello's) and quit after 8 years after winning allmost anything uphill in my amateur class.

Start again after more then 10 years in 1999 on a new (one of the last) Colnago C35, then after two years other hobbys and family takes place, no time or will for any sport.

In 2014, after 13 years not sitting on the racing bike, I update my C35 to up-to-date technical level, start cycling again (was allmost dead after 40km of nearly flat first ride), slowly build my substance again and new, lighter bike was a must (hehe). New family member was on the way ... Colnago C60, very nice bike to ride.

But because of business obligations the time for daylight rides is limited, I use and enjoy indoor sessions as much as riding outdoors. To be honest, without this indoor sessions I will never be capable to built my present cycling performance.

Each year I do some longer cycling vacations. I live a few hours drive away from Italian and Austrian Alps and Dolomites, so quick jump to there is not a problem. Last year I went also to Pyrenees (with Mike Cotty-Col Collective), this february Tenerife with Mount Teide was on the menu. In the summer my longer cycling vacation will be in the States, riding the highest roads there is planned ... up to altitude of 4300m. Will be interresting ... I allready done all of the planned US rides available on BigRingVR (special thanks to Vlad for his advices).

Ride safe
Smiljan

Last edited:

Mrs M

Guru
:welcome:

Soltydog

Legendary Member
Hi & welcome aboard. :hello:
Wish I was built more for climbing, but 195cm & currently 100kg I'm never gonna be fastest uphill. but I try my best :laugh:

Hello and welcome.
You live in what I understand to be a very beautiful part of the world. Would love to come and ride the hills around Lake Bohinj, a place I have just been reading about. But I would be much slower than you as I am taller and much heavier!

Top Bottom