Hi

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

carpenter

Über Member
I have started doing up bikes during the last year, reliving my youth when we used to raid a local dump and put together various bits and pieces of bikes (nearly fifty years ago now :sad:)

One of my daughters wanted a bike, so I bought a Raleigh mixte from eBay (quite cheap) and did it up for her.
A few weeks later I was bored (semi retired) so my wife said why not buy a couple more bikes and do them up as you looked so happy while you were working on the mixte - I don't think that she quite realised what would happen ^_^

Any way, I have joined in the hope of gleaning a bit more information about some of my acquisitions so I hope you won't mind a few, sometimes daft, questions.

owdo :bicycle:

raleighnut

Legendary Member
:welcome:

Warning, it can get a bit addictive. :becool:

Biker Joe

Über Member
Hi and a warm :welcome: to you. Yeah, it's a satisfying pass time and quite rewarding. Sometimes frustrating but, solving the problems as they come up, is part of the fun. Ask away with anything you want to know. A lot of answers are already here on the forum, if you browse around. Otherwise you'll always get your questions answered from the good people here.

OP
OP
C

carpenter

Über Member
:welcome:

Warning, it can get a bit addictive. :becool:

Too late^_^

I now have: MBK Mirage (excellent condition, all orginal ), Carpenter (~1956 frame, very comfortable); Carlton Corsa Strada (cappella lugs - pretty!); Raleigh Competition (Carlton made 531 - fast and responsive); Falcon (not sure of models it had been hand painted :ohmy:, but Brooks saddle had 1965 printed on it) and a Wilson made in UK but not a Sheffield one - I think that may have been a company in Birmingham using same name?
Not forgetting my old Specialized Rock Hopper which was my "pub bike" but has been rather neglected recently.

My wife now says that she thought I would sell them up once I had tidied them up but I can't bring myself to do that - I love each of them!

Once I get to grips with the technology I will post a few pictures.

Last edited:
I have started doing up bikes during the last year, reliving my youth when we used to raid a local dump and put together various bits and pieces of bikes (nearly fifty years ago now :sad:)

One of my daughters wanted a bike, so I bought a Raleigh mixte from eBay (quite cheap) and did it up for her.
A few weeks later I was bored (semi retired) so my wife said why not buy a couple more bikes and do them up as you looked so happy while you were working on the mixte - I don't think that she quite realised what would happen ^_^

Any way, I have joined in the hope of gleaning a bit more information about some of my acquisitions so I hope you won't mind a few, sometimes daft, questions.
Welcome to cc

Top Bottom