Hi

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

viper

Hi ,

just bought a MTB a couple of weeks ago , mainly for the New forest .

Years since i last had a bike ,does^nt feel much different though ,only the seats seem harder now.:angry:

Dave.

shrew

hi Dave, welcome to the forum, and by the way, the seat hasnt got harder, its your arse thats got softer, give it a couple of weeks and you'll be used to it )

Steve H

Large Member
Hi Dave - welcome to Cycle Chat!

I'm going on holiday this year to the New Forest - where are the best places to go for cycling on an MTB?? Nothing too technical, just would love to know where to go for a good trail whilst I'm down that way.

Cheers

Steve

OP
OP
viper

viper

Hi steve

Where ever you go in the New Forest will be great , as to ride anywhere around Stoney cross , Bolder wood , Godshill , Beaulieu to be honest i cant pinpoint one place , plenty of gravel tracks come fire breaks criss crossing the woodland ,have a look on goggle earth for the places mentioned .

Dave,

PS I think you can get info maybe maps at Bolder wood Deer santuary car park ,

Steve H

Large Member
Hi steve

Where ever you go in the New Forest will be great , as to ride anywhere around Stoney cross , Bolder wood , Godshill , Beaulieu to be honest i cant pinpoint one place , plenty of gravel tracks come fire breaks criss crossing the woodland ,have a look on goggle earth for the places mentioned .

Dave,

PS I think you can get info maybe maps at Bolder wood Deer santuary car park ,

This site will be far better able to help with cycling in the New Forest .

My link

Ah - excellent Viper - many thanks. I'll have the wife and kids with me and these links look perfect for us. Just got to figure out exactly where we are staying now! That'll teach me for letting the wife do all the holiday booking this year.

cheers

Steve

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
Hi Dave - welcome to Cycle Chat!

I'm going on holiday this year to the New Forest - where are the best places to go for cycling on an MTB?? Nothing too technical, just would love to know where to go for a good trail whilst I'm down that way.

Cheers

Steve

Well whatever you do, DON'T do what I did and get a hire bike without any lights and then end up cycling from Brokenhurst to Lymington in pitch darkness after missing the last train! :rolleyes:
Even the Police stopped me in the middle of the moor wondering what I was doing! :blush:

Oh yes, and welcome!

Top Bottom