Hi :)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Duane1985

Hi, i was hoping some body could recommend a bike for me ^_^ ,ill be using it to get to work and its about 14mile round trip, up hills down hills bit on canal path and some on the road and some country roads, bit of everything.Im looking to spend about £400 -£500.
i used to do it couple of years ago and i brought a specialized bike from the local bike shop and that seem to do alright but i just thought i would see what people recommend, thanks in advance
Duane

OP
OP
D

Duane1985

hi thanks il have a look

Hiya Duane. Quickly from what you describe I'd go for a cyclocross and then you can swap tyres/wheels depending on the terrain (knobblier for off road, smooth for on road or maybe something in between) or if you want to go for longer rides at the weekend. Some folk can't get on with the thought of drop bars despite them being far more comfortable, however. In that case you'll be looking at getting a town bike I think, the term hybrid is often used but it covers a broad spectrum from a mtb orientated hybrid bike (like my Ridgeback Velocity) to fast road bike orientated hybrid bike (like my Spesh Sirrus Sports). If your route is rougher and you are more into comfort than speed go for a mtb orientated town bike (with wider tyres, etc) or if your route isn't too rough go for faster a road bike orientated town bike (with thinner tyres). Of course something in between may suit best and at the end of the day it should be a bike you are comfortable with (the best thing to there is try before you buy).

Top Bottom