Hia

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Peter Salt

Bittersweet
Hello everyone,

Name is Peter, pleased to 'e-meet' you all.

Last time I rode a bike was about a decade ago. That all changed when my partner convinced me to get a used bike from Gumtree so we can go on leisure rides together. Little did she know what would happen next: I got absolutely sucked into it! Was wining about spending £65 on a whole bike a few months ago, now that's what I'm thinking of spending on the pedals for a new build :-D

Sounds familiar?

Anyways, definitely looking for answers to some silly questions and hoping for some good advice.

All the best,
/P

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
:welcome:

Stand by for some silly answers :smile:

carpiste

Guru
:welcome: and possibly a few silly.....

Sharky

Guru
Welcome to cycle chat. I think I paid about £65 for my first pair of look pedals back in the 80's, but I only paid £8 for the Mercian frameset I'm riding in my avatar picture.

OP
OP
Peter Salt

Peter Salt

Bittersweet
Welcome to cycle chat. I think I paid about £65 for my first pair of look pedals back in the 80's, but I only paid £8 for the Mercian frameset I'm riding in my avatar picture.
Ha! Not to be to cheeky with you, but looking at the age of that photo and taking into account inflation that would be around £500 in todays money ;-D

Sharky

Guru
Ha! Not to be to cheeky with you, but looking at the age of that photo and taking into account inflation that would be around £500 in todays money ;-D
You're probably right. Just looked at the Mercian website and their track frame now costs £1,150! Mine was 2nd hand in 1969 and it had a frame number beginning 61 which I am guessing is 1961. Was still riding it 10 yrs ago, then I sold it onto a club mate.

Top Bottom