Hiding ignored posters?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Debian

Is there a way to completely hide members on the ignore list?

I'm afraid that I've given in, there's one member who always winds me up so much that I did the unheard of action of putting him (I assume it's a him) on my ignore list. First time ever on any forum I've ever been on but there we are.

All posts by the said member are hidden but annoyingly there is a message on the thread that says "this message is hidden because {name} is on your ignore list". I would rather not even know that the person had posted, it's almost more annoying knowing he's posted an unreadable message than actually reading the message :smile:, is there any way of losing all trace of ignored members?

Shaun

Founder
No.

That's how the ignore feature is set-up to work and can't be modified on an individual basis.

Cheers,
Shaun :smile:

yello

Fret not Debian, you're not alone. I've asked about this in the past and gathered it's not possible. I've only got 1 (or is it 2??) on my ignore list but I also ignore a couple of forums too. It works ok, I rarely cross paths with them, but the rest is down to simply ignoring the posts they start.

Oh.... you probably can't read this can you? :laugh:

Dan B

Disengaged member
If you have the javascript chops (with a username of "Debian" I'm sure you have the tech skills) I'm sure you could hack up something client-side with a greasemonkey script

OP
OP
Debian

Debian

Admin said:
No.

That's how the ignore feature is set-up to work and can't be modified on an individual basis.

Cheers,
Shaun :bicycle:

Thanks for clarifying. It just seems a tad daft that you "ignore" someone but then every time that person posts you get the fact rubbed in your face :laugh:

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
coruskate said:
If you have the javascript chops (with a username of "Debian" I'm sure you have the tech skills) I'm sure you could hack up something client-side with a greasemonkey script

Is any of that English? :laugh:

OP
OP
Debian

Debian

coruskate said:

Possibly.

But then I post / read here on at least six (possibly more) different computers and a couple of mobile devices. The admin overhead wouldn't be worth it, plus the fact that not all the PCs are "owned" by me so I couldn't just modify them willy-nilly anyway.

Thanks for the thought though.

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
Ignore lists are about as bad as the person who is annoying you in the first place IMHO.

If you would rather hide away than stand up to them then ...well, what can I say??

Anyway, go on, tell us who it is!! :laugh:

OP
OP
Debian

Debian

Mad Doug Biker said:
Ignore lists are about as bad as the person who is annoying you in the first place IMHO.

If you would rather hide away than stand up to them then ...well, what can I say??

Anyway, go on, tell us who it is!! :laugh:

It's not like that. It's not a matter of not wanting to stand up to him, it's just that their posts are just so tiresome and snippy that it just wears me down mentally. It's just sniping / trolling for the sake of it and not always aimed at me personally so there's nothing to fight, I'm just bored with it.

It's a bit like being forced to watch Jonathon Ross - it's not personal, just bloody irritating!

darkstar

Debian said:
It's not like that. It's not a matter of not wanting to stand up to them, it's just that their posts are just so tiresome and snippy that it just wears me down mentally. It's just sniping / trolling for the sake of it and not always aimed at me personally so there's nothing to fight, I'm just bored with it.
It's just not Cricket is it Debian? :laugh: