1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Higest Average...

Discussion in 'Commuting' started by ArDee, 12 Sep 2007.

1. A lot of people commuting seem to travel in towns.

My 21km commute is mostly through countryside, so I only have 3 sets of lights (all pelican crossings) and 7 roundabouts. This works out at an average of 3km per roundabout and 7km per set of lights. :smile:

Is this the highest average here?

2. skwerl

skwerl New Member

I cycle 8 miles and go through roughly 55 sets of lights (average = 1 set per 230 metres). Fewer roundabouts. Maybe only 3 or 4

3. I vary my route, one of the routes is only about 4.6mile (7.4km) and i only encounter 5 light, one mini roundabouts, thats only about set lights every 0.9 miles (1.5km) but its about 80% off road (an old railway path). The other way i go is a bit shorter, steeper and all on road, 3.5 miles (5.6km) and I encounter only 6 sets of lights and 1or2 full roundabouts. Thats an average of about set of lights every 0.6 miles (0.9km).

4. GrahamG

GrahamG Über Member

I think we had a similar thread on C+ before - the London counts were shocking!

5. skwerl

skwerl New Member

do you count ped xings?

6. walker

walker New Member

I cycle 20 miles each way, from Dartford to the West end, I'd do around 20-30 set's of light's on the way in

7. Nicko

Nicko New Member

Streatham to the Strand, I have 41 sets in 6.5 miles.... good training sprinting between them!

8. palinurus

palinurus Guru

8.8 miles, six sets of lights (three crossings, three at junctions), three large roundabouts, loads of pathetic little roundabouts.

9. Dayvo

Dayvo Just passin' through

11 sets of lights in 9 km. But I don't bother stopping at them! (only joking - but I'm normally on the road early when there is next to no traffic, so I use common sense).

10. 39 sets in 14 miles including crossings which is why, I will freely admit, I jump those that I consider to be safely jumpable

11. asterix

asterix Comrade Member

Snap! Only I do it when driving my white van;).

12. DustBowlRefugee

DustBowlRefugee Über Member

12 1/2 miles through the Sussex countryside. I encounter no lights or roundabouts, but there is one give way sign!

13. Panter

Panter Just call me Chris...

19 miles, 1 set of lights, 3 roundabouts :ohmy:

Mostly nat speed limit dual carrigeway though :smile:

Cheers

Chris :biggrin:

14. skwerl

skwerl New Member

I s'pose that means I can jump lights in my car, if it's safe?

15. jonathan ellis

jonathan ellis Well-Known Member

I have not managed to count them all yet

must be near 50 in 10miles

I'll try and remember to do it