Higest Average...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
A lot of people commuting seem to travel in towns.

My 21km commute is mostly through countryside, so I only have 3 sets of lights (all pelican crossings) and 7 roundabouts. This works out at an average of 3km per roundabout and 7km per set of lights. :smile:

Is this the highest average here?

skwerl

I cycle 8 miles and go through roughly 55 sets of lights (average = 1 set per 230 metres). Fewer roundabouts. Maybe only 3 or 4

I vary my route, one of the routes is only about 4.6mile (7.4km) and i only encounter 5 light, one mini roundabouts, thats only about set lights every 0.9 miles (1.5km) but its about 80% off road (an old railway path). The other way i go is a bit shorter, steeper and all on road, 3.5 miles (5.6km) and I encounter only 6 sets of lights and 1or2 full roundabouts. Thats an average of about set of lights every 0.6 miles (0.9km).

Nicko

Streatham to the Strand, I have 41 sets in 6.5 miles.... good training sprinting between them!

palinurus

Velo, boulot, dodo
8.8 miles, six sets of lights (three crossings, three at junctions), three large roundabouts, loads of pathetic little roundabouts.

11 sets of lights in 9 km. But I don't bother stopping at them! (only joking - but I'm normally on the road early when there is next to no traffic, so I use common sense).

skwerl

stu20001 said:
39 sets in 14 miles including crossings which is why, I will freely admit, I jump those that I consider to be safely jumpable

I s'pose that means I can jump lights in my car, if it's safe?

Top Bottom