High 5?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

edindave

Über Member
Maybe the benefits are offset by your overall diet. I use High 5 and have never had cramp. Don't cook with salt or add it to food.

potsy

Rambler
I use High 5 but only on rides of 40 miles+.
Usually have 1 bottle with an electrolyte tab and 1 with the energy powder, works for me.

The bottle and 'free' samples deal is great, handy sachets to take with you to use on the return leg once you top up your bottles :thumbsup:

Peteaud

Veteran
I like them. They add electrolytes, make water taste better, like it's doing you some good and don't flood you with sugar.

+1

I have a big tub of the powder so it works out quite cheap per bottle, and i do find the High5 nice.

The wife uses another make and it works for her.

Each to there own.

MrJamie

Oaf on a Bike
Its more about how much you sweat than anything else, on hot summer days as a bigger guy i sweat buckets and dehydrate rather quickly if i ride at any effort, without electrolyte type drinks i cramp up and get dizzy. Its a lot worse running than cycling though, but from experience drinking plain water when sweating heavily makes it worse than just not drinking - something to do with diluting salts maybe. I normally take one bottle of water and one bottle of high5 if its warm, just plain water in winter.

High5 is also great at relieving hangover headaches :cheers:

OP
OP
Easytigers

Easytigers

Guru
Thanks for all of the advice...I tend to sweat loads during a ride so it might be worth me either making up my own (effort) or buying some (hurray something to purchase!)

PpPete

Legendary Member
I find High 5 zero much more palatable than other brands like Nuun.
For long rides I'll usually have one bottle of High 5 zero + one bottle of SIS Go Electrolyte (which includes fuel)

Alternating flavours works for me.

Top Bottom