high juice

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

country joe

My runs are between 17 and 20 miles,roughly twice a week, breakfast is porridge honey fruit and yogurt,
I dont think i need specialty drinks when I'm out,
what about supermarket apple juice and a bit of chocolate,
Any help would be appreciated, i get baffled with all those energy drinks out there.

Chrisz

Über Member
To be honest mate - 17 - 20 miles takes you what? 1hr 15min? Not really much need to worry about fancy go faster juice and stuff. For that sort of duration I'd stick to plain water and ensure I'm topped up food-wise around an hour before I set off :laugh:

Chrisz

Über Member
Personally I find any fruit juice too sweet (and thick) when I'm on the bike (I happily drink it at home though). Water, or very watered-down juice is palatable on short rides :laugh:

bonj2

as regards energy drinks, i think nutritionally there's not much in it, they all claim to have the best science but they're basically just some carbs and sugars of different complexity and minerals.
get what you like the taste of.
afaik, fruit juice has complex sugars but doesn't have much carbs in.

i personally like maximuscle viper, it tastes quite acidic

jayce

water for the first 2 hrs then you can look at other drinks with carbs and such if the ride is longer i use protopure and frortress before and after

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
I do all my training on Tesco's Blackcurrect High Juice.
I have no need for that fancy stuff, i just keep drinking it, and eat a cereal bar every so often.
Ive used fancy drinks before though, and they arent bad. Sometimes i put some glucose powder in with the high juice, which isnt bad, dont feel a huge difference though.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Water, or pure orange diluted 50%...TBH for upto 1h.30m (or 30 miles) I'd be using just water....over that then an energy drink or two if a 50-60 miler....

Top Bottom