High5 Nutrition guide

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Veetox

I recently purchased a few of the High5 race packs in prep for 100k charity MTB ride around the new forest this month.

The sachets for the energy source powders say mix with 500ml of water but the nutrition advice in the booklets states I should be drinking 750ml (pre ride). Am I going to be over diluting the powder if I make it up with 750ml of water therefore not consuming enough calories?

T.M.H.N.E.T

Rainbows aren't just for world champions
Ive never heard of anyone needing pre-ride but I only use 750ml + bottles and never any issue that Im aware of

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
Same here. I've many a time used a sachet in a 750ml bottle without issues. No problem whatsoever having a lower dilution, particularly if you find the recommended mix a bit strong tasting. If you drink it all you'll get all the calories ;)

si_c

Guru
Only thing I will say is that the flavour isn't so great if you dilute it too much, I'd mix three packets into two 750ml bottles .

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
Send the High five back to the shop fill your bottles with tap water and take wine gums. Much cheaper and does the same thing.

Okeydokey

I thought the home made recipe was supposed to be quarter bottle of fresh orange juice to a bottle of water with a pinch of salt, electrolytes etc sorted. The wine gums can be hard work in the cold, but in the running world Jelly Babies ftw! They are though a bit like a decent bottle of wine, once open... the rest never makes it home.

Top Bottom