Highest col of 2017...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

briantrumpet

Legendary Member
Right, the weather's been kind this week, so I've been bagging Alpine cols. I reckon my 1402m col de Menée today
will be the highest CC one so far. The challenge is on...

img_20170216_155431399_hdrblog.jpg

The rules: only this year's new ascents, and must beat all previous entries.

Vertego

Just reflecting on the meaning of life.
Clarification on the rules please...

Definition of 'col' please. My understanding is a col is a pass. In other words 'dead end' climbs don't count.

This year's new ascents - I presume new to me this year, but may have been ridden in previous years

Must beat all previous entries? Mine or the previous poster?

OP
OP
briantrumpet

briantrumpet

Legendary Member
Clarification on the rules please...

Definition of 'col' please. My understanding is a col is a pass. In other words 'dead end' climbs don't count.

This year's new ascents - I presume new to me this year, but may have been ridden in previous years

Must beat all previous entries? Mine or the previous poster?
Yes, yes, and previous poster.

I guess it won't be a very long thread (particularly if someone bags Cime de la Bonette early on), but it'll just be fun to see how quickly the high cols open up, and how soon people get to go over them. A lot will depend on the weather.

The_Weekend_Report_Guy

Pablo's Cycling Tours
No.. Can't compete... Highest one I found around here is 1190 meters... 50 km from home..

16298831_1192286580866760_752495772053564172_n.jpg

does it count that I have to climb this one before I get to the Viento one?

14671348_1092695374159215_895845279928460853_n.jpg

Those were some Scottish friends that came over during the Summer.. They are coming back they said..

OP
OP
briantrumpet

briantrumpet

Legendary Member
Have I really not been beaten yet? Given the rpaid melt at already well over 1400m down in my other area (I'm in Devon now, bah!), I'm surprised there haven't been several big col-grabs already in the 1500m+ range, in the warmer parts.... cleared roads should be dry and safely rideable, I'd have thought.

Shut Up Legs

Down Under Member
If all goes well, I'll be riding the Stelvio, Gavia and Galibier in late June, but no doubt others will have beaten those heights by then.

Top Bottom