Highland Holiday

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Steam Pig

We are going up to the Rosehall area of the Scottish Highlands for a few days at Easter, and would like a bit of info if anybody knows or is from the area.

We are mainly hill walkers but in the last couple of years taking up on/off road cycling. We are taking hardtails with us and would like to know if any of the forest trails are rideable (nothing too extreme:smile:)

Also, can you get the bike across the Kyle of Sutherland via the Invershin railway bridge?

Is snow likely at the end of March? (don't think my boss will be too happy if I get snowed in)

Any information gratefully received

Globalti

Legendary Member
Snow is entirely possible but probably not enough to prevent you from travelling.

snorri

Legendary Member
1 Forest tracks....http://scotland.forestry.gov.uk/activities/cycling

Click on 'Highland' on site search, this throws up about 9 or 10 locations within about 30 mins drive of Rosehall, check..... Aldie Burn, Balblair, Camore, Falls of Shin, Ferrycroft, Ravens Rock, Rosehall, Skelbo, Strathrory and Tain Hill.

There are a number of on road loops in the Rosehall area, but I think you will find these easily on any road map.

2 Yes there is a pedestrian path on the rail bridge across the river,but the bike has to be carried up and down a flight of steps.

3 Quite possible but unlikely to be snowed in.

Top Bottom