Highs and lows

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
The car was going in for a service (and a few bits) yesterday so had no choice but to cycle in and back. Chose the worst possible day for it as the heavens opened and it was properly raining.

I've not commuted for a while as work has been manic and having started a sport that I'd given up for many-a-year, I just haven't had time to cycle. Also I've got a pretty young family and my rationale has been that I'd rather spend an hour playing with them than cycling to and from work (although I'd actually really love to cycle, I know that they're only young once!).

Thing was, the weather was awful! Couldn't see for most of the ride (using a road helmet instead of MTB - does the peak really help that much cos it seemed awful without???). However, it made me remember how good you feel for the rest of the day - felt completely energised and probably got more done than I have in a while! Also slept like I was representing the national team last night!!! TBH I've been having a problem with waking up having something like panic attacks for a little while - last night nothing!

Today had to drive as I had meetings on opposite sides of town...same tomorrow - Thursday: I'm back on it!

Pikey

Waiting for the turbo to kick in...
The car was going in for a service (and a few bits) yesterday so had no choice but to cycle in and back. Chose the worst possible day for it as the heavens opened and it was properly raining.

I've not commuted for a while as work has been manic and having started a sport that I'd given up for many-a-year, I just haven't had time to cycle. Also I've got a pretty young family and my rationale has been that I'd rather spend an hour playing with them than cycling to and from work (although I'd actually really love to cycle, I know that they're only young once!).

Thing was, the weather was awful! Couldn't see for most of the ride (using a road helmet instead of MTB - does the peak really help that much cos it seemed awful without???). However, it made me remember how good you feel for the rest of the day - felt completely energised and probably got more done than I have in a while! Also slept like I was representing the national team last night!!! TBH I've been having a problem with waking up having something like panic attacks for a little while - last night nothing!

Today had to drive as I had meetings on opposite sides of town...same tomorrow - Thursday: I'm back on it!

I get those waking up panics if I don't exercise and have a beer or three in the evening. Guaranteed to wake up feeling the fear in the small hours then :ohmy:

Top Bottom