Hill question ???

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
K

kimz

nope ;) guess again :sad: come on someone must wanna know what i did today ???:tongue:

jimboalee

You're hill is average 2.7%.

Is it a continual slope, or a series of steps?

For 2.7%, you might be required to give an extra 50% power for a 30% speed reduction.

OP
OP
K

kimz

yes its obvious i did it :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

can't believe it though as yesterday as i approached the start of the incline i thought i was gonna have to get of there and then as it was the end of a long day and i felt so depleted :sad: had only had alpen for lunch :tongue:

but i changed my gears low early on and just thought i will keep going as far as i can before i new it i was passsing the lane on the side of the road and i suddenly thought im nearly there and thought not giving up now !!!

and made it woop woop !!! i did manage to get my self to breath better going up normally i can only bring my breathing down a bit is once ive stopped so this was a big help ,

mind i think it was cos i wanted to at least watch the last half of wild at heart :biggrin:

there is also a hill as i come out of the forest it not as long but a bit steep got all the way up too i did think i was going die tho :tongue:

i did it i did it !!!!

OP
OP
K

kimz

jimboalee said:
You're hill is average 2.7%.

Is it a continual slope, or a series of steps?

For 2.7%, you might be required to give an extra 50% power for a 30% speed reduction.

its a slight slope from early on but then goes quite steepish :tongue:

BrumJim

Forum Stalwart (won't take the hint and leave...)
Cakes are on you today then, Kimz!!

Speaking of hills, I always seem to huff and puff up one that is about a 22foot climb in 0.08 miles.

It's the little steep climbs that annoy me most, rather than the long ones.

OP
OP
K

kimz

yep cakes all round :biggrin:

Riverman this one is steep about half way along you dont have any chance to get up any speed before hand :tongue:

oh riverman did ask on another thread have you got up the hill in romsey ?? cos thats some hill :tongue:

oh riverman did ask on another thread have you got up the hill in romsey ?? cos thats some hill

I find cycling to Romsey quite fun because the way back is steeper than the way there. However, what scares me most is the ride to Romsey from Southampton is nothing compared to the one to Stockbridge.

I really want to try and cycle to Swindon but If I'm finding the cycle to Romsey, testing at times there's no way I'm going to be able to handle the steep climb toward Tidworth. It's about 21 miles and total ascent is about 1200 feet. However there is about a 900feet descent.

Top Bottom