Hills in Essex

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Kablinsky

Kablinsky

Look out of for me. I'll be in a CFC jersey.

http://www.cyclistsfc.org.uk/

I'm hoping for around 6 hours but haven't done a 100miler against the clock before.

Apparently (according to google) North Hill is the biggest hill in Essex. I stand to be corrected though.

heliphil

Guru
Looking at the route map I believe we will be going down north hill rather than up!!!

100 is further than I've been before but its good training for the Otztaler radmarathon in August!!! I just need some Alpine training ( can't find any mountains in Essex)

I expect to be in a yellow TriSport Epping top if its warm enough !!!!

OP
OP
Kablinsky

Kablinsky

heliphil said:
Looking at the route map I believe we will be going down north hill rather than up!!!

100 is further than I've been before but its good training for the Otztaler radmarathon in August!!! I just need some Alpine training ( can't find any mountains in Essex)

I expect to be in a yellow TriSport Epping top if its warm enough !!!!

I'll keep a look out. Dissapointing about North Hill. I read a description of the ride and it said something like 'inluding the dreaded North Hill'. I assumed we would be going up it. Nothing to dread going down it unless your breaks don't work (or as was the case this morning there was a badly behaved horse stopping all the traffic)

OP
OP
Kablinsky

Kablinsky

Not sure what time I did yet. Well over 6 hours I think though. I had a problem after all of about 300 meters. Had to remove the comp sensor from my fork. This involved removing my front wheel so I lost contact with the group which was a shame and had no idea thereafter how far I'd travelled or my average speed. Ended up just pootling round taking in the sights.

heliphil

Guru
I did think those plastic clips looked a bit dodgy, but in practice they seemed to work OK. Still at least it was a nice day and the food stops where well stocked. I must admit that if you lost contact with the groups it was difficult to get back....

StHuck

Veteran
Domestique said:
Local to Southend
Essex Way/Vicarage Hill in Benfleet
Heading west from the seafront, past Chalkwell then Leigh railway stations and up to the A13.
Bread and Cheese Hill Thundersley
Church Hill Thundersley
Crown Hill, Hambro Hill in Rayleigh

Well worth riding in a figure of eight...cycle down Bread and Cheese Hill, turn left through Benfleet and ride up Essex Way, left at the top and back down Bread and Cheese Hill, turn right at the bottom and up Church Hill. Repeat until dizzy...

OP
OP
Kablinsky

Kablinsky

young dog

Seriously!! Are you all having a laugh?
You will get the Surrey follk saying they have hills again!! No there are no hills in Essex.

Top Bottom