Hills near me?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Sambu

Ive found the long one to sledmere and the nice up and down from sledmere to kirby grindilythe. and the road from west lutton to cowlam grange. any others within 20 miles from me?

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Drag this map about until you find them? :ohmy:

zacklaws

Guru
For starters:- Nunburnholme, Bishop Wilton, Garrowby, Staxton, Flockton, Hanging Grimston, A few round Thixendale and Leavening...... As the others have mentioned look around a map, the one's you mention are not that steep compared to the above. In fact there's loads of them in the Wolds, which is why it is renowned for cycling in, and once you have done them all head North into the North York Moors

But where exactly is 20 miles from you?

All the hill above are 20 miles from Sledmere

zacklaws

Guru
In that case, Trundlegate, Brantingham, South cave etc as well further South.

Any hills approaching from the West and North into the wolds seem to be steeper than those when travelling from the South and East into the wolds in general.

Driffield is right in the hinge of the wolds as I call it and is in a good starting point to head, South along the wolds to the Humber or East towards Bridlington.

I'm frequently in the Thixendale area and at the moment just waiting for it to cool off slightly to go for another foray that way right now.

Top Bottom