HISTORIC BIKE RIDES & GUINNESS RECORD

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

andym

Über Member
Ah right I think I understand: the bloke who really crossed the Channel first didn't really cross it first because he didn't really cross the Channel, and the bloke who didn't really cross it first was really the first because the really crossed the Channel.

And neither of them was the first anyway - that was back in the 1880's:biggrin:

OP
OP
Y

Yvon

REPLYING TO HILLDODGER

Hilldodger said:
It's just someone who did something 25 years ago expecting everyone to still bow down to him.

Back in 2002 a 59 year old chap used one of our Nauticraft Escapade boats to cross from Dover to Calais and then straight back again in something like 9 hours. It was to raise funds for the British Legion.

Guinness observed the crossing and credited him with a world record for crossing the English Channel by pedal powered boat.

Mr Le Caer became very abusive towards Nauticraft, myself and Guinness on another forum because we celebrated the achievement. Even though Mr Le Caer didn't cross Dover - Calais and so is not therefor recognised by the Channel Crossing Association

I truly believe that time has come for me to clear the air with Mr. Roger Lovell (aka Hilldodger) and let everyone judge the contents of the so-called “ABUSIVE” letter I emailed him on September 26, 2002. Never acknowledged, said letter has also been on the web for more than 7 years now.
CLICK ON THE FOLLOWING LINK:

NOTHING MORE TO SAY: CASE CLOSED; IT'S TIME TO GET OVER WITH THIS.
HAPPY NEW YEAR TO YOU ALL.

snorri

Legendary Member
This thread bears little relation to cycling, perhaps this spat could be resolved on a Boating forum?

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Personally, and I fully appreciate that everyone else may be riveted by this thread, but why has it suddenly appeared on here in this form and who are the one-post wonders drooling over it all. It all seems a bit odd, is all.
I agree with Snorri too that it bears no resemblance to T&E as we know it and as for your historic spat with Roger the H, who cares.

Garz

Squat Member
As rich has said really, lock it or bin it I don't think many will miss this thread as it's now existing for all the wrong reasons.

Yes Admin, please lock this thread, I have no interest in going back over the arguments again and I wish I'd never posted on it.

Top Bottom