Hit and run Cambridge

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

The_Cycling_Scientist

Über Member
There's some right a**holes round here! I've also been a victim of hit and run on the roundabout up by Sainsbury's on Brooks road leading to Barnwell and crossing Coldhams lane... bloke was more concerned about getting me back on my twisted up bike and moving his car out the way.. (which happened to be away from the scene, leaving me sore but thankfully without much more than bruises, jarred back, and a shoulder muscle injury) all recovered and back on my bike now but, took me about 6months to recover and re-gain confidence to go near a bike! I sure hope that he gets caught. that's no way to leave someone not even stopping!

OP
OP
Crankarm

Crankarm

Guru
Cambridgeshire police never caught the driver that hit and run me oct '13. They even had the cheek to send me a letter about one month later telling me that they were taking no further action and that I would in any case have insurance to claim for injury and damage to my car ……………. FFS I was cycling! Idiots.

The_Cycling_Scientist

Über Member
Cambridgeshire police never caught the driver that hit and run me oct '13. They even had the cheek to send me a letter about one month later telling me that they were taking no further action and that I would in any case have insurance to claim for injury and damage to my car ……………. FFS I was cycling! Idiots.
That's pretty much what I had... around the same time actually! although when I did see the car again about a couple of weeks later and gave them the number plate they said "ohhh well it's no way to prove it, we'll look into it" and a few days later send the same sort of letter but just saying no further action to be taken not a silly car insurance blerb. Cambs Constab are a bit rubbish in the situation. Because of the whole "no further action" I couldnt even take it further trying to claim comhensation :sad: what a lovely month and half off work that was! hope your's wasn't too serious?

OP
OP
Crankarm

Crankarm

Guru
That's pretty much what I had... around the same time actually! although when I did see the car again about a couple of weeks later and gave them the number plate they said "ohhh well it's no way to prove it, we'll look into it" and a few days later send the same sort of letter but just saying no further action to be taken not a silly car insurance blerb. Cambs Constab are a bit rubbish in the situation. Because of the whole "no further action" I couldnt even take it further trying to claim comhensation :sad: what a lovely month and half off work that was! hope your's wasn't too serious?

Yeah I've seen the car that hit me as well, even got a few pics of it and the driver. Haven't bothered telling Cambs Plod as they were so useless before as I don't want further humiliation and indifference from them. A case I am currently pursuing against driver who did knock me down several years ago which hopefully will come to an end soon, the plod REFUSED to give me his insurance details and only did so when I got a solicitor involved so they could charge for providing the information. They misused Data Protection legislation to refuse me the information.

A bit rubbish is a huge understatement. They are absolutely firkin crap and indifferent. I reported so many incidents over the years to them and each time they did nothing, were so uncooperative to the point of rudeness or indeed rude. I would only call 999 now if I were half alive lying in the road having been hit and it would be for an ambulance not the cops.

Top Bottom