Hit and run death

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Crankarm

Guru
OMG chilling. RIP.

This could have been me. I was a victim of a hit and run at start of October.

I hope they catch the b****d who killed this young man.

Last edited:

Crankarm

Guru

It's only a cyclist so, taking into account guilty plea, 80 hours community service, 3 points on his license and a £150 fine.

benb

Evidence based cyclist
No mention on what, if any, driving ban he will get.

3 years custodial seems very lenient - he'll actually server 1½ I guess.

KneesUp

Guru
"A man who hid his damaged car in Royal Victoria Park after a hit-and-run which killed teenage cyclist Jake Gilmore, has been sentenced to three years in prison.

Raymond Isherwood, 53, of Bennett Street, spoke only to confirm his name at the hearing at Bristol Crown Court.

He had previously admitted causing death by dangerous driving, failing to stop at the scene of an accident, perverting the course of justice, failure to surrender to police bail and cultivation of cannabis."

So that's five different offences, one of which is killing someone - and he got three years?

Perverting the course of justice - minimum 4 months
Cultivating cannabis (small scale, leading role) starting point 1 year
Failure to surrender to bail - starting point 14 days

So that leaves about 1 and a half years for the whole killing someone and not evening stopping element.

benb

Evidence based cyclist
It's quite common for the sentences for offences committed at the same time to run concurrently rather than consecutively.

From the report, he got 4 years for the death by dangerous driving, reduced to 3 because of the early guilty plea. He also got 4 months for the cannabis to run consecutively.
He got 20 months for PCJ, 2 months for failing to stop, and 3 months for failing to answer bail, but all those are concurrent

Top Bottom