Hit and run driver killed 'shining beacon' NHS worker on bike ride

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Arjimlad

Tights of Cydonia
https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/hit-run-driver-killed-shining-21768567

Low sunshine didn't excuse this driver.

The comments on the effect on the victim's loved ones are heartbreaking, and I think the Judge's comments on the effects on the driver and her family are also fair & appropriate.

To live with having killed someone, or with the knowledge your child has killed someone, cannot be easy for anyone of good conscience.

The driving ban, 18 months is, as ever, feeble.

numbnuts

Legendary Member
RIP
justice does not fit the crime any more, but if they jailed her for 20 years or more it would still not bring the life back of that person.
What she did wrong in my book was leaving the scene of an accident how could any human being do that, I would ban her for life from owning and driving any sort of motor vehicle again as she can not be trusted.

OP
OP
Arjimlad

Arjimlad

Tights of Cydonia
RIP
justice does not fit the crime any more, but if they jailed her for 20 years or more it would still not bring the life back of that person.
What she did wrong in my book was leaving the scene of an accident how could any human being do that, I would ban her for life from owning and driving any sort of motor vehicle again as she can not be trusted.

I think the driving ban is more important than gaol sentence, for public protection. Yes, a sentence is merited but, as you say, it won't bring back the victim.

We would not expect someone with a shotgun or firearms certificate to have one again after committing negligent manslaughter, for example.

Why the difference with cars .. because they're a necessity? The human right to drive is too strong.

Drago

Legendary Member
This low sun b******s annoys me. If you can't see where youre going, then stop. It ain't diffocult.

And since when was a deleberate choice to continue travelling forward despite being unable to see due to the sun the "momentary lack of attention" that her solicitor claims? And judges and juries swallow this twaddle.

And how can she be "very remorseful"? Going no comment in interview as a deliverate tactic to try and avoid a charge is hardly the actions of someone who is sorry for their behaviour. Any such remorse only appeared 13 months later during her court appearance, doubtless a tactic designed to mitigate the severity of any punishment

Don't be a d**k in the first place, but if you must and it goes wrong at least have the backbone to stand up and take it on the chin instead of trying to wriggle and weasel your way out of things.

A decent human being lost her life, and the person responsible played the system to the best of her ability to avoid and minimise the consequences to herself. Sometimes society makes me sick to the pit of my stomach.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Arjimlad

Arjimlad

Tights of Cydonia
This low sun b******s annoys me. If you can't see where youre going, then stop. It ain't diffocult.

And since when was a deleberate choice to continue travelling forward despite being unable to see due to the sun the "momentary lack of attention" that her solicitor claims? And judges swallow this twaddle.
Some judges, thankfully not this one it appears. And yet the sentence, again, is inqdequate to protect the public from this person ??!

Top Bottom