Hiya (from Cheshire)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bagss2

Regular
:hello: Hi folks, I discovered this forum just yesterday as I've begun researching a new mode of transport for a new commute...

It seems a very friendly, informative and useful place. :thumbsup: Apologies in advance if any of my enquiries are 'newbie-ish'!

I haven't cycled properly since I was 17 and passed by driving test. Back then I was in to MTBs and used to ride everywhere.

16.5 years on, and having worked from home for the last 4 yrs(!), I'm about to have the opportunity to still not use the car for the 5.5 mile (each way) countryside commute.

So, a good quality - but used - hybrid here i come! I hope!! :becool:

Cheers, Baggers.

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
Welcome Baggers,:hello: There is no question that is silly, though some of the answers might be ;) 5 miles each way on a commute is very do-able. You will obviously feel a few muscles that have not been use in anger for many years, but after a couple of weeks you will be in the swing of things. All the information you will ever need is here on the forum.

Hacienda71

Mancunian in self imposed exile in leafy Cheshire
Hello :welcome:

Good cycling in the Cheshire area. I commute from Wilmslow to Macc on the country lanes. Keep some money back for a good set of lights. Plenty of threads on here to point you in the right direction. :thumbsup:

Top Bottom