Hiya.. New member from Wigan..

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jonsablue

Hi..

47 year old solo rider from Wigan. Averaging 22 miles per ride at around 16mph, climbing 1500ft+ round some of the local climbs, Bank, Hunters (when I',m feeling brave), Beacon etc. Tend to go out 3+ times per week..

Bit boring on my own so looking for a local club that caters for people like me (never going to break any world races but get where I'm going in a decent enough time for my age and ability!). Don't have masses of time so tend just to blitz the ride, don't stop off for brews etc..

Anyone local looking to head out and get some miles in?

Cheers,

Jon

Hello from another wiganer, currently not riding much (health issues), as for a club have you tried wigan wheelers...

http://www.wiganwheelers.org/

Our connor

Hi jonsablue and welcome, I'm not far from you in Billinge but tend to ride Rainford To Southport and Formby and up to Tarleton area. I mainly ride alone due to being a carer and not knowing when I am going out. I sometimes join up with other lone riders but can't join a group for the reasons described. Before you ask no, I've not ridden Shaley Brow from the Kings Moss side, but have from the other ( easier ) end.

OP
OP
J

jonsablue

Hi Guys! Sorry I thought I'd get notifications of responses!!

Road rash - I've thought about Wigan Wheelers but not sure I'm up to their standard to be honest, last thing I want is to hold people back or get dropped on an 80 mile ride... I'll get in touch with them on FB though see what the crack is...

Our connor - I've been up Shaley twice, quite a few moons ago now. It's a leg killer for sure, slow and steady is the key!! Hardest thing I've ever tried to tackle is the rake in Bolton, I don't mind admitting that I fell off half way up. I went over like a dead parrot falling off of a perch. Did it as part of the Bolton Bash sportive which is the single most hardest thing I've ever done in my life!! I'm about most days until September when I start uni mate, if you fancy meeting up for a trip over to s/port give me an inbox!

This is my strava id if anyone fancy's adding me up..

https://www.strava.com/athletes/5488691

Cheers,

Jon.

OP
OP
J

jonsablue

Hi jonsablue and welcome, I'm not far from you in Billinge but tend to ride Rainford To Southport and Formby and up to Tarleton area. I mainly ride alone due to being a carer and not knowing when I am going out. I sometimes join up with other lone riders but can't join a group for the reasons described. Before you ask no, I've not ridden Shaley Brow from the Kings Moss side, but have from the other ( easier ) end.
http://www.spincyclemag.com/category/killer-hills/

Have a read of this article, it may make you chuckle :smile:

david k

Hi
Hi..

47 year old solo rider from Wigan. Averaging 22 miles per ride at around 16mph, climbing 1500ft+ round some of the local climbs, Bank, Hunters (when I',m feeling brave), Beacon etc. Tend to go out 3+ times per week..

Bit boring on my own so looking for a local club that caters for people like me (never going to break any world races but get where I'm going in a decent enough time for my age and ability!). Don't have masses of time so tend just to blitz the ride, don't stop off for brews etc..

Anyone local looking to head out and get some miles in?

Cheers,

Jon
Welcome, I'm a sin telliner

Top Bottom