Hmm was I too harsh?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

downfader

extimus uero philosophus
Woke up this morning, still groggy and chest full of flem. Hadnt slept too well last night but get online and find a comment on this video of mine:

View: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uq1x7TOvXCo

yeah lets all forget that these "cyclists" aren't paying hundreds a year on taxes on gas to repair the roads

I was sadly not in the mood, have been tetchy as hell lately (and you've probably noticed, so I apologise if I've been narky at times) and left this in reply:

I've tried to address a safety issue here and you're concerned with money. What the hell is wrong with you. Atleast check which country a video is from (this is from the UK - everyone pays for the roads here)

You make yourself look like a fool

I now notice he's removed the reply. Perhaps he read the description and felt guilty, I dont know. Ahh well such is life. :wacko:Gawd my grammer is all over the place there too.

Can't blame you.This road tax crap is getting tedious.

Seems like people clutching at straws.

Wasn't road tax abolished in 1936?:birthday:

yeah lets all forget that these "cyclists" aren't paying hundreds a year on taxes on gas to repair the roads

Actually I haven't got a clue what he is on about as we all pay taxes and bikes don't generally damage the road anyway.

OP
OP
downfader

downfader

extimus uero philosophus
hackbike 666 said:
Can't blame you.This road tax crap is getting tedious.

Seems like people clutching at straws.

Wasn't road tax abolished in 1936?:birthday:

Actually I haven't got a clue what he is on about as we all pay taxes and bikes don't generally damage the road anyway.

I think he was from the states. I spoke ages back to another youtuber (I think it was Alexwarrior, not sure?) who was from the US and he said Americans have even less of a clue as to how their roads are paid for, and then it varies from state to state.

Even then to moan about taxes and money is pointless in the face of safety concerns

HobbesChoice

downfader said:
Woke up this morning, still groggy and chest full of flem. Hadnt slept too well last night but get online and find a comment on this video of mine:

View: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uq1x7TOvXCo

I was sadly not in the mood, have been tetchy as hell lately (and you've probably noticed, so I apologise if I've been narky at times) and left this in reply:

I now notice he's removed the reply. Perhaps he read the description and felt guilty, I dont know. Ahh well such is life. :wacko:Gawd my grammer is all over the place there too.

Brilliant response downfader! Not personal but straight to a great point.
I hope you feel better soon.

Bollo

Failed Tech Bro
When I used to let people put comments up, I'd consider it open-season as far as grumpiness goes when people left stuff like this. Youtube has a large population of @rseholes and they're attracted to cycling videos like flies to poo.

About a year back I did have one guy who had a real problem with me 'cycling on the wrong freakin' side of the road'. What is it they say about US citizens and passports?

OP
OP
downfader

downfader

extimus uero philosophus
Bollo said:
When I used to let people put comments up, I'd consider it open-season as far as grumpiness goes when people left stuff like this. Youtube has a large population of @rseholes and they're attracted to cycling videos like flies to poo.

About a year back I did have one guy who had a real problem with me 'cycling on the wrong freakin' side of the road'. What is it they say about US citizens and passports?

Thats youtube as a whole though. There was a girl vlogging about her brain tumour and they drove her off there and off the blogger website too. Trouble is they a) aint taken to task :laugh: some people are too f***in weak to answer back or just dont moderate their pages and c) in the case of the kids doing this their parents havent a bleedin clue what they're up to.

LOL I think I had the same US guy. :blush:

Top Bottom