Hmmmm - to bike or not to bike ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I rode home at 2am; metcheck said 0 feels like minus 3; it was great. Bright moon, less wind than we've had for ages and not a car the whole way home. It's been as warm as Bridlington in August up here recently; it was nice to have some proper winter temperatures for a change.

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
goo_mason said:
Metcheck says -2 feeling like -5 at 6am tomorrow, and it was raining all day today. I suspect it'll be like a skating rink on my route tomorrow.

Do I risk it being not too bad, or assume the worst and bus it (possibly saving myself some scrapes, bruises and a damaged bike) ?

I hate ice. :smile:

You probably don't want to hear this but it was so warm that I cycled home in shorts last night for the first time this year.

You want to move down south, no ice here

HJ

Cycling in Scotland
domtyler said:
Can't really feel sorry for anyone who has chosen to live above the Arctic circle, but certainly you don't want to be cycling on icy roads. Not if you want to have a good chance of staying alive anyway.

Wimp:tongue:

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Oh no the rain isn't back...yet....

Totally tropical and dry in Sth Manchester. My first dry return commute of the year, and, get this......no overshoes, no thermals and mild weather gloves....whoooooooo.

PS it will hiss it down the rest of the week.

Tynan

Veteran
indeed, riding without raincoat for the last two days, it's that mild

and dry

hurrah for London!

Top Bottom