HMRC Be warned

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

pawl

Legendary Member
HMRC.Recieved a pre recorded message saying that they are about to proceed against me.Did some checking ,the call originates in India and asks for certain information name address insurance no ,all of which if they are who they say they are should be on record

Might be in my very senior years but I am not yet susceptible to scams

Globalti

Legendary Member
Dammit, I got an email from HMRC telling me I owed £2,000 and instructing me to send it to their offshore bank account in China - was that wrong?

Globalti

Legendary Member
You cannot be serious?

I've been travelling round Africa for 35 years so came across this scam a long time before anybody else. But you wouldn't believe the numbers of people I've heard of who have fallen for it; the latest was a chemicals trader in Manchester only this week to the tune of $65,000. Luckily his bank realised and stopped it. His secretary is no longer employed by him.

Drago

Legendary Member
I've been travelling round Africa for 35 years so came across this scam a long time before anybody else.
I didn't realise the HMRC covered Africa as well. Hey, you live and learn!

Rooster1

I was right about that saddle
Theresa May actually helped me put HMRC right over their mistake once upon a time. I dislike HMRC very much after that experience

Birdie

I've had so many of these and others from talktalk etc, that I've stopped answering my house phone if I don't recognise the number. If it's important, they will leave a message or get me on my mobile.

kapelmuur

Veteran
I've been travelling round Africa for 35 years so came across this scam a long time before anybody else. But you wouldn't believe the numbers of people I've heard of who have fallen for it; the latest was a chemicals trader in Manchester only this week to the tune of $65,000. Luckily his bank realised and stopped it. His secretary is no longer employed by him.

I used to work in Nigeria and had to fill in a form with all my contact details on each and every arrival.

If I had accepted all the offers of money from Nigerian chiefs subsequently received I could have bought the Sky cycling team and a reasonable sized football club to give me a hobby in my retirement.

Top Bottom