HMRC Be warned

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Globalti

Legendary Member
The ones that annoy me are the rather friendly woman's voice that says: "Hello! We hear you've had an accident...." It's really irritating to have been conned into talking to a computer and even more irritating that you can't tell them to eff off.

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
The ones that annoy me are the rather friendly woman's voice that says: "Hello! We hear you've had an accident...." It's really irritating to have been conned into talking to a computer and even more irritating that you can't tell them to eff off.
I just had one of those calls about half an hour ago.
The Indian woman on the other end hung up on me after I described the accident. Somehow, she thought I was having her on when I described having demolished a bus shelter whilst snorting a line of coke.......even though I was sorry that 12 people waiting for the bus were killed.........

Shearwater Missile

Über Member
I had an automated call this afternoon purporting that a sum of money had been taken from my bank account and press 1 to speak to an advisor ! Of course I did`nt press anything and then the call just stopped. I would hope nobody would fall for that. What, without asking who the person was answering the phone, no bank name being mentioned. Despite being on the TPS for all the good that does.

Globalti

Legendary Member
Yes one of these days I'm going to answer yes and string them along with a story about my pals being to blame for making me ride too fast and crash.

Drago

Legendary Member
I once did that...

"Yes, I have been in a car accident, as it happens. I'd pulled a double shift at work, 20 hours. I was knackered driving home so stopped for a few pints on the way back. Not many, 5 or 6. When I came back our the sun was low and jn my eyes but I tried to carry on. I missed a curve, mounted the path and hit a bus stop, put two nuns and 6 orphans in Hospital. Made a right mess if my car and got a dose kf whiplash too. How much do you think you can get me?"

southcoast

Über Member
I’ve had a lot of calls from 0203 numbers recently, but when the number comes up on the display I don’t answer it,
It appears there is a company that sells 0203 numbers!

Drago

Legendary Member
It appears there is a company that sells 0203 numbers!

Perhaps a British company that makes money in Telecoms?

Shearwater Missile

Über Member
Alas we still laugh at them yet they are no longer with us. I always thought that he was an officer of the "Lure" ! More than can be said for the flippin nuisance calls.

Top Bottom