HN08 EYN - Skills Scaffolding van

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

downfader

extimus uero philosophus
This happened yesterday and I just wanted to know if anyone local (Southampton) has had similar experiences?

Riding towards some lights that had just changed green, I'm around a car and a half distance from the driver in front. As I ride through with about 25mph speed a white van overtakes closely (around 4 inches from my right hand) and immediately cuts me up, nearly rear ending the driver who had been in front of me.

I shout out "Do you think that was safe!?" iirc and back off a bit and put myself in view of his left mirror.

I switch to the right mirror as I'm indicating right for a minirab, and wanted to show the driver his overtake was completely bl**dy pointless. I notice that the driver he'd nearly gone into is also indicating a right turn, but for some reason (perhaps due to the Skills van drivers tailgaiting) Skills-man fails to notice and nearly rear ends said driver a second time. This time he hammers horn holding it down for about 3 seconds.

I called him a lunatic and rode on my way. Reported to StopSMIDSY. Wanted to report it to the company but either they're only 3 blokes in one van or they dont have a website. Instead I settled for a crime stoppers form and reported for dangerous driving. Not sure what good that will do.

The thing is I have encountered a Skills Scaffolding van several times before, a couple of times he's seen cutting up another cyclist, and a couple they've overtaken me stupidly close. I have also seen the same company van parked up in Woolston on Spring Road, wonder if its the same guy...?

So has anyone local had any issues with these plebs?

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
Video or it didn't happen!! :smile:

OP
OP
downfader

downfader

extimus uero philosophus
dondare said:
If you see it again then put a spud up the tail-pipe.

Does that still work?

BM - Must get a new camera sorted! The HQ2 system, whilst amazing in the dark, doesnt pick up plates and detail should I need it too. Esp in the dark. I think a ContourHD is still rightly on the wishlist, and I'll shout the plates out incase the cam doesnt pick it up.

Trumpettom001

I've just bought me a ContHD... it picks up plates fine, as long as you get the lighting setting exactly right... But I still shout them out just in case anyway!!!

P.s. the 1080 mode is just gorgeous.
p.p.s I don't work for vHoldr, much as it may sound like!!

classic33

Leg End Member
Skills Scaffolding
Third Avenue, Southampton, Hampshire SO15 0JX

Tel No: 02380704535

Can have more, N&A, by the middle of the week.

jonredhornet

I have a friend who runs a housing company in Southampton, I'll drop him a PM on FriendFace and post back if he knows them.

OP
OP
downfader

downfader

extimus uero philosophus
classic33 said:
Skills Scaffolding
Third Avenue, Southampton, Hampshire SO15 0JX

Tel No: 02380704535

Can have more, N&A, by the middle of the week.

Thanks! I have that and two other addresses already tbh. One is in Millbrook and another down by the water in Woolston (a small distance from where I often see the van parked)

If its just 3 blokes and a van it aint worth reporting to the "company" obviously. If its a bigger firm it might be.

dondare

Über Member
downfader said:
Thanks! I have that and two other addresses already tbh. One is in Millbrook and another down by the water in Woolston (a small distance from where I often see the van parked)

If its just 3 blokes and a van it aint worth reporting to the "company" obviously. If its a bigger firm it might be.

Still worth nobbling it, tho'.
My son is at Soton Uni and rides a bike. I don't want hime having to share the road with sociopaths in vans.

classic33

Leg End Member
I find it odd that there are two seperate companies in the same area with similar names doing the same work.
If its a case of some-one else using their name it may just be worth reporting it for that reason alone.

Reporting small companies is a pain, I had an issue with the parking of a taxi so I called up, I was pretty sure that the car was not outside the "phone number" location as I know where the HQ is, but apparently I got through to him. All he said "Yea that's me... so go f*** off".

Nice.

Still, I would call them though, 141, if they don't care just call them a toss pot or something.

Top Bottom