hobbs Blue Riband question

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

davidphilips

Veteran
seen a add on an internet auction for a hobbs Blue Riband, there are lugs on the tubes for gear levers/cable stops question i have is this normal for a blue riband that went out of productuion in 1953?
also did blue ribands have mudguard fixings like the picture shown, i am on the look out for another project and if this was blue riband i may bid on it?

Attachments

• Chrysanthemum.jpg
    Chrysanthemum.jpg
    125.1 KB · Views: 61
Last edited:

stevevw

Guru
I am 100% certain that is a Blue Riband one of the last produced with I think Oscar Egg lugs.
http://www.flying-scot.com/rattray/scot_detail/pages/oscar_egg_super_champ.html
Like this one. https://www.flickr.com/photos/9466770@N03/sets/72157611507086606/
Or this one I sold a few years ago

Hobbs1_zps11d0aa77.jpg

This is a proper Blue Riband with the Superbe style lugs. Also one of mine and for sale.

2014-06-22204414_zpsd469570b.jpg

I have a recently refinished Hobbs for sale if you want a bit less work?

2016-06-02%2020.47.50_zpseoc6xjry.jpg

Last edited:

stevevw

Guru
What on earth has happened to the price on this auction. I thought £80 was pushing it but £199 for a frame that needs refinishing and one of the least well thought of Hobbs too.

OP
OP
davidphilips

davidphilips

Veteran
What on earth has happened to the price on this auction. I thought £80 was pushing it but £199 for a frame that needs refinishing and one of the least well thought of Hobbs too.
thats what i thought steve, started of at £80 then i think it went to £200 then down to £199, i would have bought it but the owner can keep it, would take at least another £100 to paint or powder coat etc, i could buy a complete bike for that amount.

Attachments

• Hydrangeas.jpg
    Hydrangeas.jpg
    125.1 KB · Views: 97
  • Desert.jpg
    Desert.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 71
Last edited:
OP
OP
davidphilips

davidphilips