HOBSON Easyseat II

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Thank you for educating that ignoramus (insert smiley face thingy here). However, I'm more of an everyday-is-mothers-day person so, not only 7 August is International IPA day, but every day is IPA day. I know, I know, you are now going to come back and say that XYZ day is actually Belgian Ale Day and such and such a date is Porter day. When there's doubt, celebrate both. Double up. Life is short. Don't forget to take a ride on your bike.

OP
OP
stearman65

stearman65

New saddle arrived on time this morning. Fitted it on the trike & went to the local shop. Bliss compared to the previous saddle.
upload_2016-8-17_16-40-1.png

OP
OP
stearman65

stearman65

I've covered around 5 miles in the last month on 3 different trikes & bikes. Last weekend I discovered the constant click in my right knee has disappeared. I was booked in for a knee replacement sometime this year, now I'm wondering if the disappearance is permanent, or temporary. I have now discarded my walking stick & have adopted a much better walking posture, the previous one was causing causing hip pain also. How long should I leave it before discussing it with the pre op team?:unsure:

Bill

I have read this topic with interest, as I have great problems with saddles due being knocked off my Yamaha in the mid-1970's a few times. I am now suffering from the car impacts plus the flying through the air impacts so to speak! After doing what many cyclists must do including buying a saddle called ..."The Fat Arse Saddle"...which is VERY wide, to which I 'velcroed' a air bag to the top which was of limited success. After trying various saddles again I arrived at Hobson seats. I sure am glad I did so! They are so comfortable and they are on my Dahon plus my touring cycle. One can wear normal shorts or trousers as the central gap...being empty air means no sitting on raised seam's. Also your dangly bits don't get squashed like on normal saddles...(shudders thinking about Brookes Saddles) I put a spirit level on the saddle and drop the front half a inch as a level seat may dig into your thigh back. I am glad to read that 'Stearman65' above is now happy, though if he looks under the new saddle he will see a HARDDDD.... unyielding... lump of plastic, which will be felt when the gel compresses... as I found the hard way on tour in the early 1990's on a Madison saddle...awful! You want comfort? get a Hobson!

I've covered around 5 miles in the last month on 3 different trikes & bikes. Last weekend I discovered the constant click in my right knee has disappeared. I was booked in for a knee replacement sometime this year, now I'm wondering if the disappearance is permanent, or temporary. I have now discarded my walking stick & have adopted a much better walking posture, the previous one was causing causing hip pain also. How long should I leave it before discussing it with the pre op team?:unsure:

Not being critical, just offering advice

Was this a "self prescribed" aid, or fitted by a qualified therapist?

There are all too many people who by a stick from a local mobility shop o similar.

It is then at the wrong height causing posture problems and exacerbating problems

If you ever need an aid then go down the therapist route

I have read this topic with interest, as I have great problems with saddles due being knocked off my Yamaha in the mid-1970's a few times. I am now suffering from the car impacts plus the flying through the air impacts so to speak! After doing what many cyclists must do including buying a saddle called ..."The Fat Arse Saddle"...which is VERY wide, to which I 'velcroed' a air bag to the top which was of limited success. After trying various saddles again I arrived at Hobson seats. I sure am glad I did so! They are so comfortable and they are on my Dahon plus my touring cycle. One can wear normal shorts or trousers as the central gap...being empty air means no sitting on raised seam's. Also your dangly bits don't get squashed like on normal saddles...(shudders thinking about Brookes Saddles) I put a spirit level on the saddle and drop the front half a inch as a level seat may dig into your thigh back. I am glad to read that 'Stearman65' above is now happy, though if he looks under the new saddle he will see a HARDDDD.... unyielding... lump of plastic, which will be felt when the gel compresses... as I found the hard way on tour in the early 1990's on a Madison saddle...awful! You want comfort? get a Hobson!

Is that Hobson's choice?

Bill

I have just re-read this topic and I see a person above with the non-de-plume of 'Yellow Saddle' suggesting that if any cyclist pedalled more than a 100 meters on a Hobson saddle, HE would eat his hat...better get the cloth softener out my dear...I pedalled to Kenilworth and back on Wednesday...well over 40 miles there. A hot day. I remember reading American cycling forums with people saying the same sort of comments about these saddles. I get a laugh reading the women's section on the CTC forum all whining about 'normal' saddles hurting their personal bits, but quite conservative about saddle choice and carry on moaning....what a laugh they give me....

Bill

WELL....Here we are months after a person on this forum suggesting that if anybody pedals over one hundred meters on a Hobson saddle.... HE would eat his hat! I pointed out weeks ago about my rides on these saddles and no hat has been eaten yet! I wish people would not make disparaging remarks about products that they know nothing about and worst of all...not used one personally at all.....

WELL....Here we are months after a person on this forum suggesting that if anybody pedals over one hundred meters on a Hobson saddle.... HE would eat his hat! I pointed out weeks ago about my rides on these saddles and no hat has been eaten yet! I wish people would not make disparaging remarks about products that they know nothing about and worst of all...not used one personally at all.....

Can't discuss it here - there is a separate area for hats!

Bill

Well, here we are a year or so later and I wonder how the person with the tricycle (above) is getting on with that usual saddle with the bone hard plastic base?! Maybe he is getting on alright for his short rides. As expected no hats were eaten and I can only hope that next time this person comments on something that he has not used, maybe the hat can be stuffed into that space below his nose. My Hobson saddles are great as ever and I am very glad I brought them.

Bill

Thanks 'Milkfloat' for the update, I dont know if what you report is true but the Hobson saddles on my Dahon Vitesse and my Brompton H3R continue to give me the required comfort I need! I am still getting a good laugh reading the CTC forum...Woman's section....reading of the snivelling about using the usual 'old railway sleeper' Brooks saddles instead of reading my contibution on the same section about these saddles! Cycling conservitism is all very well, but comfort should come first......

Top Bottom