hoegaarden

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ComedyPilot

Secret Lemonade Drinker
mr Mag00 said:

Wayhaaayyy

U

User169

Well I guess it's just about alright for an InBev brew.

yello

A gay (male) friend at university used to love the stuff. Drank nothing else. But then, after a few, he was anyone's.

terry huckle

Lovely stuff!

I find you get a completely different quality of hangover with it.

My favourite wheat beer is Brugs though....preferably consumed out of doors on a hot Summer`s evening somewhere in the southern half of France. Ho hum

Quoth

Hoegaarten? Brugs? Blasphemy!

The only acceptable weissbiers are German - Weihenstephaner or Erdinger. As Yello's anecdote proves, anything else is for the friends of Dorothy.

Mind you, a good Brakspear will stick to your ribs. Oxford Gold, mmmmm!:sad:

U

User169

Quoth said:
Hoegaarten? Brugs? Blasphemy!

The only acceptable weissbiers are German - Weihenstephaner or Erdinger. As Yello's anecdote proves, anything else is for the friends of Dorothy.

Mind you, a good Brakspear will stick to your ribs. Oxford Gold, mmmmm!:sad:

Cobblers. The Belgian wit is an accepted style in its own right and is different from the German weissbier. Belgian wit often uses unmalted wheat and is typically spiced (coriander and orange peel), whereas German weissbier is made with malted wheat.

In any event, Erdinger is pretty poor IMHO. Schneider Weisser is the way to go.

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
Just had a Timothy Taylor's Landlord and a Young's London Special Ale and am now seriously considering a Hook Norton Twelve Days (burp!)

Your fancy continental beers are all very well but can you beat a trio of British beauties like the above? ;)

Top Bottom