Hola from Costa del Plymouth!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cheggers

Hi, I've been cycling to work for the past three months (only 50 miles a week) and found this forum about a week ago and have been lurking ever since!

My name is Chris, a Submariner by trade and I'm really enjoying my commutes now, such a pleasure despite it being so hilly around here.

Originally, my bicycles had big engines, the last one being a 2008 R1, however after a disagreement with a bend in the welsh valleys and approx two months in hospital last year I decided to take up pedal power instead!

I've now got a 2010 Spec Sirrus Sport which I love. Just spent this weekend getting it ready for the Winter commutes with some SKS full mudguards and a few other bits and bobs such as a new cycle computer.

I do have to confess though, I still do have my car. I thought doing my bike licence made me a better driver, however after cycling I feel my driving (especially my observational skills) have still further improved.

They should make it compulsory for all drivers to cycle for a month before getting their licence!

Anyhow, I've typed way too much.

Chris

Hi Chris
wave.gif

Good luck with the winter commute - the chain/cassette etc will get a bit of a battering with the salt so keep them well oiled. Lets hope the potholes aren't as bad this year.

Top Bottom