Hola from Spain

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ThePainInSpain

Hola from the Costa del Sol in Southern Spain. I have just got back into cycling after a 12 year gap. And for some reason it seems a lot harder at 62 than it did at 50, can't understand why. I've just bought myself a Rockrider from Decathlon, as it's a mixture of road and rough tracks riding (the roads are pretty rough too, over here).

rodgy-dodge

An Exceptional Member
Hola from the Costa del Sol in Southern Spain. I have just got back into cycling after a 12 year gap. And for some reason it seems a lot harder at 62 than it did at 50, can't understand why. I've just bought myself a Rockrider from Decathlon, as it's a mixture of road and rough tracks riding (the roads are pretty rough too, over here).

Hola :welcome: TPIS.
I don't envy you cycling out there we where there in July and it was hot hot hot couldn't even contemplate getting on a bike in that heat.
Our friends have a place in La Cala I know they've been mountain biking out there but I think they where organised trips up the mountains from Fuengirola so any nice rides you discover I'm sure they would be happy to learn about.

OP
OP
ThePainInSpain

ThePainInSpain

Hola :welcome: TPIS.
I don't envy you cycling out there we where there in July and it was hot hot hot couldn't even contemplate getting on a bike in that heat.
Our friends have a place in La Cala I know they've been mountain biking out there but I think they where organised trips up the mountains from Fuengirola so any nice rides you discover I'm sure they would be happy to learn about.

Early morning of evening, during July and August. But very pleasant now. I live about 25 kms from La Cala, but know it well.

BC brooklands

BC brooklands

Hi, and wellcome,
I have an Appartment in Cabopino. Is that anywhere near you?
I holliday there mainly during school holls as I have a 15 year old son, who is also a keen cyclist. I am 51.
Earlier this year we came down& did a few rides out from Cabopino
Cabopino to Gibralter & back
Cabopino to Rhonda & back
Mijas, puerto Banus etc

We mainly road bike, but mountain biking oK too
Maybee hook up sometime if you are close by

videoman

Guru
Enjoy your return to cycling as I am 51 now and returned to cycling approx. four years ago but do not find it is getting much easier as the aches and pains seem ever present. I bet the weather is better where you are than here in the UK as we have had heavy rain for most of today which put an end to a days walking in the Peak District.

We lived in Tenerife for two and a half years until March of last year but found the summers to be too hot to do anything, walking or cycling.

Adios

Top Bottom