Holdsworth 1970s front fork

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

johnggold

I was given a number of old bikes that had belonged to a farmer and had been stored in a bedroom for many years. All had been well used, were covered in tape to hold cables, etc but were mostly original.

I found a complete adult Holdsworth 70s frame, but on inspection the front fork turned out to be a Raleigh chrome job. With all the scratches and tape residue, I will have to respray, and I have all the decals, but I cannot locate a front fork.

Initially was looking for the exact model fork, right size, but Holdsworth fork crown is quite distinctive. This is not the first Holdsworth I have restored.

Has anyone got a fork with something like the right crown that I can use in place of the Raleigh fork. If I get the right fork crown I could have the fork modified.

The wheels are 27" .

I was given a number of old bikes that had belonged to a farmer and had been stored in a bedroom for many years. All had been well used, were covered in tape to hold cables, etc but were mostly original.

I found a complete adult Holdsworth 70s frame, but on inspection the front fork turned out to be a Raleigh chrome job. With all the scratches and tape residue, I will have to respray, and I have all the decals, but I cannot locate a front fork.

Initially was looking for the exact model fork, right size, but Holdsworth fork crown is quite distinctive. This is not the first Holdsworth I have restored.

Has anyone got a fork with something like the right crown that I can use in place of the Raleigh fork. If I get the right fork crown I could have the fork modified.

The wheels are 27" .
I haven't got one spare but you haven't mentioned what size frame it is for . What length steerer do you need ?

Top Bottom