Holdsworth Elan 1982 reproduction

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Galli

Hi there fellow bicycle folk. I've just finished a reproduction of a classic Holdsworth Elan. This has been a great education and it's my first complete reproduction. I bought the bike complete with all original parts but it was a right mess. Had it resprayed and stove enameled whilst I got to work polishing and replacing all of the original parts. I started putting it all back together a couple of months ago and finally finished it off last week. Hope you all like the finished article as much as I do!

Attachments

• DSC_0145~2.JPG
    DSC_0145~2.JPG
    223.4 KB · Views: 63
  • 20201017_121659-COLLAGE.jpg
    20201017_121659-COLLAGE.jpg
    169 KB · Views: 63

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
@Galli welcome aboard

Nice job , whats your next project going to be ?

southcoast

Über Member
Nice restoration.

Here’s mine which I’ve owned since new. Original paint apart from the bit on the rear dropouts, that’s another story lol.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Hi there fellow bicycle folk. I've just finished a reproduction of a classic Holdsworth Elan. This has been a great education and it's my first complete reproduction. I bought the bike complete with all original parts but it was a right mess. Had it resprayed and stove enameled whilst I got to work polishing and replacing all of the original parts. I started putting it all back together a couple of months ago and finally finished it off last week. Hope you all like the finished article as much as I do!
Great job!
I have one too which I purchased from @biggs682
They're lovely bikes, very smooth ride, a bit scary over 40mph on twisty descents where they get a bit too flexy, but what the heck, I have modern bikes for scaring myself whitless....

OP
OP
Galli

Galli

@Galli welcome aboard

Nice job , whats your next project going to be ?
Thanks! I've no plans at the moment, going to enjoy this one for a few months first! I would really like to do something Italian next but will have to save the pennies first.

southcoast

Über Member
Why the gold at the back then?

The rear derailleur and dropout both got damaged when the bike was about a year old. So both needed replacing. Couldn‘t get a partial respray with the repair only a full one. So decided to paint the back end gold, as I thought the original paint was to good to scrap and upgrade the rear mech at the same time. Seem to recall the rear mech list prce was about £49 in 83!

Top Bottom