Holdsworth

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Linky not working :-(

OP
OP
W

Warny

Über Member
Pleased the link is ok now. I'll need to spend a bit of time on the bike but hopefully worth getting, need to put some gears back on it! Do many people on here have older bikes as single-speeds?

OP
OP
W

Warny

Über Member
Will try and get a few more photo's soon.

Bike1.jpg

OP
OP
W

Warny

Über Member
Hi everyone,

Finally had a look at the Holdsworth over the weekend! Brake calipers date the bike at 1979. It has two matching new wheels but I've put the Wolber rear wheel for now, which seems to have fixed gear cogs both sides. Not ridden a fixie before so was interesting to say the least^_^ Unfortunately the alloy seat post seems to be the wrong size so won't move at the moment, however it does have some Campag bits and I've put on a leather saddle which looks ok. 002.JPG 004.JPG 005.JPG 006.JPG 007.JPG 008.JPG 009.JPG 010.JPG 011.JPG 012.JPG

carpenter

Über Member
Looks better with the leather saddle, bit of a clean up, new chain, cloth bar tape, (I think the front brake cable needs to be the other side of the stem - not sure if others would agree, remove rack and it could be quite lovely.
Is one of the cogs a freewheel and the other fixed ?

Drago

Legendary Member
That's a Holdsworthy era bike, where the better spec Claud Butlers were essentially Holdsworths with a different paint job and decal set and only miniscule frame changes to distinguish the two. Very nice riding bikes from both marques, comfortable and sprightly. That should clean up a treat.

OP
OP
W

Warny

Über Member
Cheers, the bike is at my Parents at the moment so will have a think about whether to get some gears and the usual stuff on it. Unfortunately both of the cogs seem to be exactly the same, and fixed. Guess that is a little unusual? The seat post is proving to be quite stubborn, the saddle is a little low for me so made a ride all the harder:blush:

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Cheers, the bike is at my Parents at the moment so will have a think about whether to get some gears and the usual stuff on it. Unfortunately both of the cogs seem to be exactly the same, and fixed. Guess that is a little unusual? The seat post is proving to be quite stubborn, the saddle is a little low for me so made a ride all the harder:blush:

ooh dear re seat post

carpenter

Über Member
The seat post looks like it is a Kalloy - they are relatively inexpensive, so it wouldn't matter much if you damaged it/cut through it lengthways in order to remove it. Try squirting some WD40 between it and the frame first and leave to soak before trying to twist it out.

OP
OP
W

Warny

Über Member
Yes spot-on re. the seat post, I'll have to have another go when I'm next back in Banbury. Fixie isn't really suited for the hills of Oxfordshire though, so I think I'll be looking to pass it on or bring it back to flat Cambridge:smile:

Top Bottom